It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
head rushes!!!!!!!!

this is a symptom that i was going to put in mt last post,
its come back worse, i get a terrible pounding in my head!!! it feels like blood pounding around my head quit hard and fast and its not when i just stand up!! does any one else get this if so post back to me that would be extra cool!!!!! iknow i get it with anemia but im on iron syrup now?????
lots of love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx i.s.h.t. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Old 05-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: head rushes!!!!!!!!

Hello Katpurs I have been getting realy bad headaches, my is like a presure on the top of my head.I have been told I have a high prolactin level i might need a cat scan to scan my brain, I have had like a blood rush and like my head inside feels cold weird !!!
I have hashi's and with this goes so many weird things.
I see you are from the good old U.K oh what lovely weather we are having (lol)
take care ...Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi mandy thanks for your reply,
yes ive had that funny cold thing also and rapid eye movement from side to side, really fast?
a fellow uker hey lol !!!!!!
well mandy please post some of your story, as you will know how difficult it is with the tests and meda etc????
what did you ask your doc to run when he did your bloods or like me were you sent to the nurse and it was all written down ????
id love to hear wat happened as im having great difficulties!!!!! hope you can talk again mandy lots of love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx i.s.h.t. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Angry Re: head rushes!!!!!!!!

Hi Katpurs my story in short was I give up smoking and got every virus under the sun. I have a 4 year old at nursey I just thought I it was him bringing it home at frist, but I was ill each time lasting weeks I was at the doctors every week,as time went on I felt tired all the time my body ached all over it was like I had the worsed flu ever the doctors just said it all the crap coming out from giving up smoking 7 months later in aug 05, I got dianosed with a underactive thyroid my TSH was 29.53 thats high!!. the test we have here are TSH ,and free T4 its realy hard to get a free T3 I have tried to but no way. I am still having many problems with my health for the last 4 months I keep getting all over stomach pain and nausea been to A&E 2 times crying in so much pain all they did is give me tablets to help me from feeling sick. what tests have you had,??? take care ...Mandy

When I was diognosed August last year, I was put on 50Mg of levothyroxine, I then went back in September and was put on 75Mg, and by the Nov I was in the "so called" "normal" range, but yet it is meant to take months to sort out. Your thyroid affects from your head to your toe, and yet the doctors seem to know nothing about it. I may end up having to go private, if I get any worse! The NHS!
:MAD:

Sorry If I haven't been a lot of help.

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 05-22-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD MAZ
Hi Katpurs my story in short was I give up smoking and got every virus under the sun. I have a 4 year old at nursey I just thought I it was him bringing it home at frist, but I was ill each time lasting weeks I was at the doctors every week,as time went on I felt tired all the time my body ached all over it was like I had the worsed flu ever the doctors just said it all the crap coming out from giving up smoking 7 months later in aug 05, I got dianosed with a underactive thyroid my TSH was 29.53 thats high!!. the test we have here are TSH ,and free T4 its realy hard to get a free T3 I have tried to but no way. I am still having many problems with my health for the last 4 months I keep getting all over stomach pain and nausea been to A&E 2 times crying in so much pain all they did is give me tablets to help me from feeling sick. what tests have you had,??? take care ...Mandy

When I was diognosed August last year, I was put on 50Mg of levothyroxine, I then went back in September and was put on 75Mg, and by the Nov I was in the "so called" "normal" range, but yet it is meant to take months to sort out. Your thyroid affects from your head to your toe, and yet the doctors seem to know nothing about it. I may end up having to go private, if I get any worse! The NHS!
:MAD:

Sorry If I haven't been a lot of help.
you have been helpfull mand im also thinking of going private! bupa give a diagnosis lol for either 70.... or 170 i cant remember wat the doc said! maybe we should consider? wat do you think have you had a scan? youre fairly new to this also lol perhaps it might set our minds at rest just having all the tests we need etc could have those nodules for all we know? hope you can write bac lots of love katpursxxxxxxxxxx wat part of the uk are you from just roughly ? ive got horrible bloods tomoz!!! yukie they take loads of shots to find blood i feel like a pin cushion good days to you mandxxxxxxxx i.s.h.t. !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by katpurs; 05-22-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi katpurs I am new to this and already know a fair bit, I had lots of blood s today I am lucky they find mine with no problems. Still I dont like the giving blood thing , I havent had a scan yet, I am from the south-east (ANGLIA)
good luck for to mos take care ....Mandy

Are they doing a free T3 test??

Old 05-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sparkie HB User

Katpurs, head rushes? God yes, every day, for years! I work in a physician's office and it is usually attributed to low blood pressure, dehydration, and I think low blood sugar too. I live in Texas where it is HOT, and the head rushes are worse in the hot weather, particularly when exiting my air-conditioned car and stepping out into the heat. They don't seem as bad if I eat properly rather than my usual grazing, and, I know I don't replenish lost fluids as well as I should. I run in the morning and really work up a sweat, but then I am in such a rush to get off to work that I don't drink enough water that I have lost.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Hi katpurs I am new to this and already know a fair bit, I had lots of blood s today I am lucky they find mine with no problems. Still I dont like the giving blood thing , I havent had a scan yet, I am from the south-east (ANGLIA)
good luck for to mos take care ....Mandy

Are they doing a free T3 test??
hi mand i got hold of the nurse by herself and asked her to run a load of tests lol! adrenalin t4, t3, ferritin, fullblood tsh , anemia and im going to try to get a scan out of the doc next week how are you 2 day wow it was good you gave up smoking i found out for sure 2day that the first doc didnt tell me i was low 3 years ago!!!!!!i got worse after smoking aswell! but istartsd again its a bit tricky in the uk isnt it mand? america seem to have thyroids covered! ill get there in the end my t4 was 13 and my tsh was 4 then 8 then 13? iron was 12? can you make any sense of this and can you tell me what my levels are in the grand overall scale of it all? you had it quiut rough mandy i hope you are getting better on your meds now did you get probs with your hair etc and wat suppliments do you take and diet etc you had this longer than me and you know lots hope you can talkto me lots of love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx i.s.h.t. !!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
Katpurs, head rushes? God yes, every day, for years! I work in a physician's office and it is usually attributed to low blood pressure, dehydration, and I think low blood sugar too. I live in Texas where it is HOT, and the head rushes are worse in the hot weather, particularly when exiting my air-conditioned car and stepping out into the heat. They don't seem as bad if I eat properly rather than my usual grazing, and, I know I don't replenish lost fluids as well as I should. I run in the morning and really work up a sweat, but then I am in such a rush to get off to work that I don't drink enough water that I have lost.
hi sparkie i know wat you mean its abit yukkie and it can make you feel like your gonna pass out!! but low bloods is a factor of low thyroid and low blood pressure isnt it?? i thought it would of cleared up with the meds i think anemia contributes to it also lots of love from katpurs im a grazzer also!!!!!! i.s.h.t. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sparkie HB User

Addendum...I went shopping today after work, just fun girl clothes shopping. I noticed when I had to stoop low to look for something and got back up, I got the head rush. No fun when it interrupts your shopping!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
Addendum...I went shopping today after work, just fun girl clothes shopping. I noticed when I had to stoop low to look for something and got back up, I got the head rush. No fun when it interrupts your shopping!
hi sparkie oh cool youre a girl thats a cool name yes it does come at weird times my boyfreind thinks i imagine it!!!! keep me posted and ill look out for your posts from time to time lets see if tis runs or how long??? lots of love from katxxxxxxxx

Old 05-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Kat Thanks for asking how I am, I have been feeling like crap today,Nausea and stomach pain maybe I have (GERD) did they test your Free T3 ???
you said your T4 was 13 was that your free T4, your TSH was 4 then 8 then 13 what was the ranges, If you have them post them.You are right about it being a bit trickyin the U.K and yes i do agree America know far more than us about the thyroid.
Iam not taking any suppliments as I think when you have Autoiumme Diease your body may get to used to them and turn against you, Well that one theory anyway, My diet is not to good at the moment as I am having belly problems let me know how you get on with your results nite nite ,take care ...Mandy

Old 05-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Hi Kat Thanks for asking how I am, I have been feeling like crap today,Nausea and stomach pain maybe I have (GERD) did they test your Free T3 ???
you said your T4 was 13 was that your free T4, your TSH was 4 then 8 then 13 what was the ranges, If you have them post them.You are right about it being a bit trickyin the U.K and yes i do agree America know far more than us about the thyroid.
Iam not taking any suppliments as I think when you have Autoiumme Diease your body may get to used to them and turn against you, Well that one theory anyway, My diet is not to good at the moment as I am having belly problems let me know how you get on with your results nite nite ,take care ...Mandy
thanks mand hope your tum tum gets better are you eating ok? i have to take iron i hope that dosent turn on me i stopped my kelp wats your tummy prob from? and i hope you feel good tomoz are you a udissiplined grazzer like me? lol telling everyone else to wait for dinner and grazzing out of the fridge when i feel like it lol nite to you ill grab those results i think i get confused on the testing? is there t4 and freet4 if so i dont know but i think it was freet4 yeah it was 13 t4 and 8 tsh i actually had tests today and ask the nurse to run loads of tests without the docs ok woopsie and i got her to do that t3 wich i hear we are supposed to pay for! oh well ill be in trouble next thursday! lol lots of love from kat pursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx i.s.h.t. !!!!!!!

Closed Thread