It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #1

sunny123 HB User
Tyroid Meds ?

Maybe someone has the same feelings. I started out and for years was on 50mcg synthroid, then in the past months I was increased to 75mcg, then to 100mcg and I am currently on 150 mcg (this is the 3rd week on 150) I know it takes about 4-6 weeks to start feeling better, but I am so sick of feeling horrible. My symptoms are Shakiness ( i describe it as feeling like adreniline sp? is rushing through my body, heart palpitations, anxiety, i just dont feel like doing anything, not much energy. I am seeing my family dr regarding my thyroid, I 'm wondering if I should see an endocrinologist..... Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You
Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Re: Tyroid Meds ?

Hi Sunny!
How long have you been having these symptoms? Do you have your lab results? If so, post them here and some of our fellow thyroid victoms will come on and help to decifer them for you.

I had similar symptoms for 2 days when I switched from generic to Synthroid. I thought I was maybe going hyper. I wonder if your dosage may be too high, too soon? Maybe you need a diferent brand or generic. We respond differently to the different brands due to dyes, fillers, inconsistancy of potency, etc.

Hope you feel better very soon!

Tawny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

[QUOTE=sunny123]Maybe someone has the same My symptoms are Shakiness ( i describe it as feeling like adreniline sp? is rushing through my body, heart palpitations, anxiety, i just dont feel like doing anything, not much energy. I am seeing my family dr regarding my thyroid, I 'm wondering if I should see an endocrinologist..... Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Sunny, You might be on too much medication or you could have low adrenal function. Low adrenal function can cause the symptoms you describe. It is hard to tolerate the T4 med or Armour, with low adrenal function.

Yes, it would be best to see a doctor about these symptoms.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Sunny, I forgot to say that you could have low ferritin also, and it will cause these symptoms. So it could be low ferritin, low adrenal function or overmedicated.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #5

sunny123 HB User

Thank you for your replies.

I meant to say I am on the generic Levothyroxine 150mg not Synthroid. I never realized maybe i need the name brand.
I dont have my lab results here right now but everything (t3, t4) was in check but my TSH was 6.4 I think.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sunny, your TSH is quite high. Most people feel best with a TSH at 1 or below.

Don't let them check the T3 and T4 totals, because these are quite useless and outdated. The test you need are TSH, Freet4 and Freet3.

See, there are things that can interfere with the T3 and T4 totals.

Closed Thread