It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Low Grade Fevers W/hashi's

Hi guys.
I was just wandering? Do any of you guys get low grade fevers with Hashi's? I know it is common to have lower than normal temps. But i have also been getting low grade fevers since November. That is why they biopsied my swollen lymph node. Thought it was lymphoma.
Just curious.
Thanks again
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User
Re: Low Grade Fevers W/hashi's

I started Hashi's treatment in September. Before Synthroid I had low-grade fevers a few times per day for over a year. My temps would be from 99.0 to 100.99 (never 101.0 lol). I would know when I had them b/c I would feel warm and dizzy so I'd take my temps and record them. I don't get them as much, maybe a few times per week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

TEEEB HB User

I don't know what your other symptoms are...and I'm no where near an expert. But I would throw out there that I think persistent low grade fever is just one of the signs of Lupus... and if you have one autoimmune disease (which hashi's is) you may be more likely to have another... just something to consider.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

I once read that all autoimmune diseases can cause low grade fevers. I have had them myself,...one time early last year, I had them every evening and night for a period of 4 days in a row, (going up to 100.1) and that's when I researched it and read that AI diseases can be one cause...among others. And every now and then I will still get up there, but only to like 99.3, or so, and can even be feeling semi good at the time,...just a little hot. Now that my levels are all good, it doesn't happen very often at all.

Deda

Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Thanks girls!!!!
tts1asap, Mine are also always between 99.0 - 100.3. Never over this. The doc I fired thought it was an infectious disease. Since I have been on over 7 anitbiotics since last October. But PLEASE!!! Been married for almost 14 years so I doubt that. She never would check my thyroid levels. And told my the TPO 70.8 meant "not a damn thing!"
TEEEB,
I also have the fevers at night or in the early evening. Almost never in the morning. I can always tell because my hands feel hot. And I feel so sick and flulike. Actually for awhile I stopped taking my temp. I just started when they suspected Lymphoma. I became obsessed. Now I know it's probably the Hashi's or the ai disorder.
Deda, I like you thought that I had symptoms of Lupus. In fact I insited my dr test me for that. He thought it was ra. But both tests came back negative. However, I have read that some people are sick for 8 years before the test comes back positive. I even have a slight butterfly rash!!!
Thank you all for your time and input. It means the world to me.
Hugs
Deena

Last edited by MOMOFBOYZ; 05-25-2006 at 05:15 PM.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User

I emailed a doctor I found on a Wilson's Temperature site and he said with my BBT temps I might benefit from T3 therapy (right now I'm on Synthroid). Are your BBT temps low or do you not take them? Mine are usually 97.0-97.4 pre-ovulation and 97.7-98.2 post-ovulation. This cycle they have been 96.8-97.0 pre-O and straight 97.7s the last few days post-O. I am kind of worried things are getting worse.
Lol I just realized I'm kind of going off-track here, sorry

I thought I had RA - I read a few wks ago that that's a hypo symptom. Last summer before I knew I had a thyroid problem I would wake up with extremely stiff and painful ankles. I could barely walk for 10-15 minutes and couldn't straighten my ankles out (couldn't put my feet flat). That was for about 3 months straight. At the same time I also couldn't put anything over my ankles in bed - not even a light sheet - it would really bug me. Since being on Synthroid it's been better but I still get that often. I'm waiting on my TSH and FT3 tests (from today) then I'm going to a new doctor b/c I still don't feel well.
Best of luck!

Last edited by ttc1asap; 05-25-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Yup, I get them too; usually between 99.3 and 99.8. I've also been tested for lupus and RA both negative. I have a light butterfly rash too and when all of this started I had a circular rash on my upper chest and neck (Lyme's was negative). I do not tolerate being in the sun very well either. It's not just the heat because I will feel ill several hours after sun exposure even when it's not hot outside (like sunny days in the winter).

I get swollen joints (my toes and sacro-illiac joints specifically) and have A LOT of stiffness. One of my drs was going to do a bone scan to check for possible sero-negative RA but I was pg at the time.

I've heard that also...that it can take years or months of repeat testing before getting a positive ANA.

Sometimes I wonder if all AI diseases are actually the same illness that presents differently in different people depending on what they're susceptible to. Maybe that makes no sense whatsoever but it sure seems like A LOT of the symptoms overlap and that there are only a very few defining features of each.

My drs have suggested that I probably have some other AI disease along with the Hashi's but when I asked what they think it might be my OB said "could be something science hasn't even put a name on yet...you never know". That was reassuring .

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Askdgrandma, the dr I fired said something similar to that as well. She said well some people get a virus and they never know what it is and always live with the symptoms???? I hated her!
Thanks for the info. I guess just keep working at good health and wait to see what happens next.
Hugs
Deena

Closed Thread