It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Hi all x anyone know what normal blood pressure should be??numbers?

Hi all as most of you know l have graves (dxn may/june 2004) went hyper again dec 05 meds now 450 ptu 100 levothyroxine still hyper and rising last blood test approx 3 weeks ago sigh!(block and replace) lve noticed last few weeks when l take my blood pressure its lower than its ever been before for example 104/62 pulse 77, 113/64 pulse 80, 109/66 pulse 75, 110/65 pulse 82, 104/58 pulse 81, does this look low to you guys? ive been feeling a little off balance at times a little dizzy like if l turn my head a certain way l feel like lm swaying l hope im explaining this....... ive also been getting very tired.... lm just wondering whats going on cos l see the endo in 2 weeks and the thing is when l get my pressure done there it shoots up as l hate hospitals lol if lm hyper last test ft4 38.8 top range 22. shouldnt my pressure be higher? It was for ages like really high esp the first year! Thanks guys xx (ps l havnt posted this on blood pressure board as they wont take thyroid into account)

Old 05-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
(female)

SPF5 HB User
Re: Hi all x anyone know what normal blood pressure should be??numbers?

Hi,

When my father was diagnosed with high blood pressure, the doctor said the ranges were,

Resting heart rate/pulse: 60 - 100 bpm.

Normal blood pressure: Systolic less than 120 *and* Diastolic less than 80
Prehypertension Systolic 120–139 *or* Diastolic 80–89
High Stage 1: Systolic 140–159 *or* Diastolic 90–99
High State 2: Systolic 160 or higher *or* Diastolic 100 or higher

and that anything below normal was good unless you were having symptoms... For my, my bp has gone as low as 107/60 (its not now, I'm a lot higher these days due weight and fitness problems) and I've felt fine at that level, but my mother, her bp is usually around 90/53 and she feels fine, but going that low would make me faint!

Since you're feeling some dizziness you should bring this up with your doctor. It could be your bp is too low for you, or it could be something else. Are you having any sinus congestion or inner ear problems? Those will cause dizziness. Are you drinking enough water each day? Dehydration can also cause dizziness.

If your bp is high when your doctor takes it, ask him/her to retake it at the end of the visit when you'll be more calm and settled about being there. A lot of people have "white coat syndrome" which makes their bp read higher when with the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

illmakeit HB User

Hi niecsey, Hypotension is the medical term for low blood pressure which they say is less than 90/60. Mine runs under 100 - usually about 95-96 over 55-60 Normal blood pressure is usually in the range of 120/80. Yes, I get dizzy easily but usually when moving quickly, getting up from the floor or a chair etc. - so does my brother & dad(right now dad's is under the 90/60 most of the time-he's 88 and has a lot of problems) - both have lower than normal blood pressure and always have. Now if you have a SUDDEN drop in blood pressure, call 911. My heart rate has been high -usually 100 or so - since my TT. There are some things that CAUSE low blood pressure - ie hormonal problems such as an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), which almost everyone here has to deal with. There are a bunch more - certain meds, of course, is one.

If you have a monitor, keep a list of date/time/when you ate and what the BP & HR are - take it with you. The docs seem to like that much better than if you just say my blood pressure is never that high/low etc. Document it.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

MCKMN HB User

For me.. I am 35 yrs old, I was just told a normal reading for me should be 130/80. I just asked this question a couple weks ago.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Thanks guys... l think there low for me.. i have a monitor and l do it a few times a day at different times will mention this at my endo appointment l havnt made notes though l will do that thank you. All your posts made alot of sense and were informative cheers will let you know how it goes xx have a nice day

Closed Thread