It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User
Finally Feeling Good

I wrote a few weeks ago when I decided to add Cytomel to my Synthroid. Over the years my doctors have increased my dose of Synthroid from 50mcg to 125mcg. And all these years I never felt good at all. No attention span, aches and pain, fatigue and I could not lose weight unless I starved myself. I read an article on a study of 140 patients who were give a 5 to 1 ratio of Synthroid T4 and Cytomel T3. The study claimed the patients felt better than those on Synthroid alone. Plus they lost some weight. So I orderd Cytomel online and try it myself . I figure why not, these doctors have't help me fell good so far. I've been on it for a few weeks. I have to tell you, so far I haven't felt this good since I was 10 years. I lost three pounds so far, I have energy and my brain fog is gone. Over the years I went from 50mcg to 125mcg of Synthroid and still felt lousy. I wasn't sure how the Cytomel would effect me so I started with a small dose of 5mcg of Cytomel, {equivalant to 25mcg of Synthroid} and cut my Synthroid dose to 50mcg. I actually feel like doing things again and the constant fatigue has gone away so far. The body is suppose to take the Sythroid T4 and convert it into T3. T4 from what understand must be converted to T3 to make the thyroid work properly. All these years now, and I am wondering if my body never converted the Synthroid into the active T3 hormone that the body needs to function. I mean I cut my Synthroid dose way down. Is the Cytomel, even in the smallest doses helping my body use the Sythroid more effectively?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Re: Finally Feeling Good

rstarre....

That is amzing that you feel so well...do you mean you cut your Synthroid from 125 mcg's to 50 mcg's??? If so, I am surprised you feel so well...with a huge decrease like that. But so happy for you, and glad to hear it's working for you..how wonderful! I don't don't if the T3 is helping your body utilize the Synthroid more effectively, but maybe someone else here can answer that. T3 seems to work like magic for a lot of hypo folks.

Have you had your levels tested yet? I'd sure be curious to know what they are in comparison to what they were before you started the Cytomel. Geez...we read so many interesting ways people get better on these boards. More power to you tho, and I hope you keep on feeling great!

Deda

Old 06-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Re: Finally Feeling Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarre
I wrote a few weeks ago when I decided to add Cytomel to my Synthroid. Over the years my doctors have increased my dose of Synthroid from 50mcg to 125mcg. And all these years I never felt good at all. No attention span, aches and pain, fatigue and I could not lose weight unless I starved myself. I read an article on a study of 140 patients who were give a 5 to 1 ratio of Synthroid T4 and Cytomel T3. The study claimed the patients felt better than those on Synthroid alone. Plus they lost some weight. So I orderd Cytomel online and try it myself . I figure why not, these doctors have't help me fell good so far. I've been on it for a few weeks. I have to tell you, so far I haven't felt this good since I was 10 years. I lost three pounds so far, I have energy and my brain fog is gone. Over the years I went from 50mcg to 125mcg of Synthroid and still felt lousy. I wasn't sure how the Cytomel would effect me so I started with a small dose of 5mcg of Cytomel, {equivalant to 25mcg of Synthroid} and cut my Synthroid dose to 50mcg. I actually feel like doing things again and the constant fatigue has gone away so far. The body is suppose to take the Sythroid T4 and convert it into T3. T4 from what understand must be converted to T3 to make the thyroid work properly. All these years now, and I am wondering if my body never converted the Synthroid into the active T3 hormone that the body needs to function. I mean I cut my Synthroid dose way down. Is the Cytomel, even in the smallest doses helping my body use the Sythroid more effectively?

Good for you, rstarre !! I am very happy for you and maybe your doctor has a twin brother who'll treat me!!

Closed Thread