It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

onecent42 HB User
can levoxyl be stopped??

ive been on levoxyl for about 6 yrs. dr. must have seen something in a blood test, any way i went on water cure about 1 1/2 months ago, i was feeling just great, until i began having shortness of breath,& i remember i had that like that when i first started taking the levoxyl, so i feel i must have been over medicating my self, so i stopped the water cure, & now i dont feel so great any more, so ... can i safly stop the levoxyl, & go on with the water cure, or is this dangerous, i mean, can people just stop the thyroid meds, im on 100mcgs,.....& also, when i was 6 yrs. old i got in a medicine chest & ate tincher of iodine, could this the cause of all my thyroid troubles??.....thanks

Old 06-24-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: can levoxyl be stopped??

Hi one cent,

Could you describe the water cure? Is it just drinking a lotta water?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
(female)

onecent42 HB User

water cure is, you drink half your body weight in ounces of water, & for every quart you drink, you use a 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, either in the water, or use on your food, say you weigh 190, you would drink 90 ounces of water, & a quart of water is like 30 ounces, so thats drinking 3 quarts of water thruout the day, with a 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt with each one, also eat a banana or drink some orange juice too to replace some lost potassium, it works very well, you can go to the web site, its watercure2.org...i even lost some weight, but it seems to heal the thyroid very quickly, the sea salt has to be 50 to 80 mineral sea salt, i got mine from a health food store, but i still need to know if i can stop the levoxyl with out any serious effects

Old 06-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

One cent,

Levoxyl stays in the system a fairly long time -- several weeks, on average. I wouldn't advise anyone to abruptly stop taking a critical replacement hormone like a T4 med.

The sensible thing to do is to ask your doc to repeat your blood tests. If your free hormone levels show that you are overmedicated, your doc may advise to cut down on the Levoxyl, rather than to cut out entirely.

Thanks for educating me about the water cure.

Best wishes.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

this sounds really interesting im on 50 levothyroxine and i get shortness of breath 3 weeks in from last increase do you mean we can come off our meds and do this water and sea salt thing?? i thought the salt thing was bad for you!it kills the thyroid please tell me how this works and if it does why dont the docs give us this advice lots of love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
(female)

onecent42 HB User

hi, unfotunetly, drs. dont tell us everything!! but some one told me about the water cure, so i gave it a try!! i hadnt felt so good in yrs.!!! my weight came off, my blood pressure was great, i actually wanted to go places & do things, but my thyroid, i believe, started to get better also, which meant the levoxyl was to much, so i stopped the water cure, & i went right down hill again!! i cant get to my dr. till mid july!!! i want to get back on the water cure but dont know what to do about the levoxyl!! i think its the sea salt, it seems to have all the right minerals we need,(unlike processed table salt) plus in combination with the water, which most of us desperately need, what ever it is it works, just check the web site, alot of my friends are doing it too, & they all feel great!! [url]www.watercure2.org[/url]

Last edited by onecent42; 06-26-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Closed Thread