It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

bev5493 HB User
Shaking And Severe Headaches

Does anyone ever wake up with severe headaches? Or just out of the clear blue start shaking inside and out and your legs feel like they wont hold you up they are shaking so bad? I did the rai about 9 weeks ago and just fri had my levels checked so dont the results yet But I get up with a headache and go to bed with one ( had this before and they said due to being real hyper prob) but now they are getting worse and he sent me to a nureo fri and she said rebound headaches but I dont think so cause i went all day fri and sat no severe headaches, but woke up today with a severe one and it is getting worse as the day goes by. I also started to shake really bad lasted about 10 min and went away then it came back again I feel terrible Is any of this related? Or does anybody else feel like this? Thanks again Bev

Old 06-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
(female)

opalfire HB User
Re: Shaking And Severe Headaches

Hi Bev...are you taking any kind of pain medication for these headaches? Unbelivable as it is, you can get a rebound headache 3 days later! I've been through the mill when it comes to migraines/headaches myself. The bottom line was that I was having rebound headaches from any and all pain medications! I was also allergic to vinegar, chocolate (whimper ), MSG, nitrites and strawberries! When I stopped eating all this, low and behold, my migraines all disappeared! However, once in a while I do indulge, and pay dearly for it...but hey, I'm human!
As for your shaking, please read up on Adrenal Fatigue/Stress. I didn't think applied to me and yet, the more I read, the more I knew it was me. You may find some information on the Addison Board. I started learning from there. Although I don't have Addisons or Cushings (two extremes), I found no support from my doc until I presented all the facts to him. It is not recognized as a bona fide disorder because you can't have a blood test for it. However, I did find that some people, when tested with the ACTH Stim Test will show some disorder, but it takes a good doc to understand what's happening with it. It appears that when you receive the stimulatory drug, and have blood drawn at 30 minutes later or an hour, you should show some response. People with Adrenal Fatigue rarely show the correct response. Other than that test, it's all about presenting symptoms. I am going to be starting on an Bovine Adrenal extract on Monday. I was taking some herbal preparation with the extract as part of the supplement, and it helped me a lot, and when I presented this all to the doc, he ordered the extract by itself. We continue this experiment. Please read whatever you can about this. The shaking in particular was what convinced me as I'm already on a high dose of Armour thyroid and it was suggested to me that I should pursue this line of information. Among other things, I should also be able to reduce my dose of thyroid medication later because the adrenal gland also affects the thyroid.
Waiting to hear!
Judy

Last edited by opalfire; 06-25-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

bev5493 HB User

Thank you Judy I have been tested and my test come up ok but they did get some records from the 80s and it says I had congential adrenal hyperplasia but my dr has not done anything about it I have suppected that it may be my problem for a long time, I will talk with him on the 5th and see what we can do(I think he thinks I am crazy and makes me feel that way also) The neuro wants me to take topomax and I am scared of it so havent even got it filled.Thanks for the info I will start researching this more. Thanks alot Bev

Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
(female)

opalfire HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev5493
Thank you Judy I have been tested and my test come up ok but they did get some records from the 80s and it says I had congential adrenal hyperplasia but my dr has not done anything about it I have suppected that it may be my problem for a long time, I will talk with him on the 5th and see what we can do(I think he thinks I am crazy and makes me feel that way also) The neuro wants me to take topomax and I am scared of it so havent even got it filled.Thanks for the info I will start researching this more. Thanks alot Bev
I'm afraid that my answer may have been too long. My dyslexia kicks in every once in a while. There is no "okay" to this. It's a bunch of symptoms that point to adrenal fatigue. Doctors ordinarily do not recognize this disorder because there is no definitive blood test. Please try to find a doc that will help you. It's like living in h*** if you don't get help. The doc I found is a naturalist and practices Chinese medicine also. However, before making an appointment with a doc, ask questions of the nurse. She can usually tell you what the doc actually will and won't do. No point in spending money on an appointment if he won't help you.
Would it help to motivate you if you had more information. I'm not supposed to give you websites, but here's a hint: Type in the address bar the name of this syndrome with an .org at the end!
Judy

Last edited by opalfire; 06-25-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
(female)

bev5493 HB User

Judy Thank You so much and I really mean it from the bottom of my heart. I have been thru so much for 7 years Started out as bad headache the drs said blood clot, then no its not just migraines then it was gallbladder that will fix the dizziness and the passing out spells took out gallblader, Then it was sinus can set off migraines 2 surgeries, Then it was( polycystic ovaries diease)need a hysterctomy then it was migraines medicine after medicine I can not function on a day to day basic THE DRS THINK I AM CRAZY!!! Take Pxil its panic attacks!!!! Then went to heart dr and they said heart surgery then saw spealist and he said no just mitral valve but its okay. RECENTLY keep having these episodes were I can just be sitting there and boom feels as tho something is releasing to much or something cuts off to my head and I feel myself passing out and just about the time iam going out it starts to fade and (sometimes I can burp and come back faster) Then I am so tired my whole body for about an hour. Ok 9 weeks ago they found nodules and said I needed rai the episodes are from the hot nodule releasing too much Well its been 9 weeks and I still have the episodes from time to time dont ever know when it will happen.I am checking on the cah and gave drs all the old records and will see him on the 5th(I think 1st fri in july) But I know he will play me off as if I am crazy and sometimes they make me think maybe iam.!!!!!! I am going to my pc dr tomorrow and going to ask for elavil I head it will help with the headaches I really thank you for your help And thanks for listening I just want to live again and my poor son has been thru you know what His mother is always sick and he is playing his game or watching tv till his daddy gets home I love him so much and I feel as tho he dont know me and always wants daddy anymore not me Again Thanks Bev sorry so long

Old 06-26-2006, 01:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi bev I know how you feel I have been feeling so ill for over 5 months now, and the pain I get is hell.I also have a underactive thyroid hashi's, I have missed peroids real bad headaches the pits of pain near my ribs, kidneys, that makes me cry, I have been to the doctors 40 times and each doctor say its (STRESS) well I am stressed with all the pain and the not knowing whats wrong with me, one of my blood test come back with high prolactin levrl over (1000) this could mean a tumor on the brain, have you had your prolactin tested.Like you i feel so bad for my kids that I am always so ill I feel so weak do you !!
take care ...Mandy

Old 06-26-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
(female)

opalfire HB User

Bev, please find a compound pharmacy(use the interent) near you and ask the pharmacist that he recommend a couple of docs that are naturalist AND use Armour thyroid. It's not that you need the Armour (or you might), but rather that's usually a doc that will listen to you. Print out information on Adrenal Stress and take it to him. Among other things, there is a compounded medication called Ligaplex II that has a little adrenal cortex extract in it. Take it for at least 6 weeks and see if it helps at all. If it does help even a little, more than likely you will need the adrenal extract at which time it can be ordered by the naturalist doctor, or you can do it on the internet. I thought the doc was full of it myself, but I was desperate to feel better. Within days my itchy skin stopped itching (I scratched myself to death from 5 p.m. until after I went to sleep) and I found that I was thinking a little clearer and, amazingly, I was actually waking up by myself...instead of hubby or an alarm clock waking me. Up till then I was resigned to having maybe narcoplepsy since I also fell asleep around 4 or 5 p.m. every afternoon. My endo suggested I had a "touch" of it.
Let me know if you want to pursue this line of action (as though anything has worked for you) and I will let you know what to do.
As luck would have it, I found a compound pharmacy right in your hometown...give them a call, what can you lose? As always, call the office nurse first and ask if he listens to his patients and uses Armour thyroid, just in case. No point in visiting him and he won't listen!
Hometown Pharmacy
1702 Santa Fe Drive
Weatherford, TX 76086

Good luck,
Judy

Last edited by opalfire; 06-26-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User

Bev, After I took RAI for Graves disease, my thyroid levels rose very high, then lowered, and high again. It was like a rollercoaster for the first year after RAI. Some docs don't know about this, and mine surely did not.

I experienced headaches, vision problems and a great deal of anxiety as well.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
(female)

bev5493 HB User

Thanks to all Just got home about 4 hrs ago from er with severe headaches MIGRAINE torrodol and phegan back home still there but not as bad. I called the endo and he said (NO ARMOUR it is not supposed to be used on people it is a pig thyroid) I will look for another endo but that will mean waiting another 6 to 8 weeks I am very interested and will give almost anything a try at this point IAM SO FED UP 7 YEARS IS ENOUGH!!!! IAM not crazy I told my husband Fri for the fisdt time in my life i wanted to take the whole bottle of midrin(for headaches) Usually I am right the opposit I am always afraid I am dying. I will continue to call drs and try to get ahold of insurance to see if they can reccomed a new endo. Thanks again Bev

Old 06-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi sorry to hear about your headaches!,my mate mand, has theese all the time and for the last 2 days i know what she means right on the top of my head!
i know if i get a bad belly i get headaches from the dehydratin but this was insanely bad, mandy it is horrible and i hope it dosent continue! by the way i have sore boobs and i feel pregnant lets hope not every one lots of love to you all from kat and a soecial hi to my mate mandy hello love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:e ek:

Old 06-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
(female)

rach33 HB User

Have you had your vitamin metabolism checked? I am hypo/hashi with all the symptoms they have to offer; I asked my Internal med Dr to check those and I came back high in the b1(niacin), b6(pyridoxine, and my vitamin D is low. I also noticed that my multi vitamin may have something to do with head aches (creating an overdose in the b vits) Lastly I am not supposed to have any extra Iodine, so I found a multi v that is Iodine free, but is Iron free too... In case anyone is interested it GNC Womens Ultra Mega

Closed Thread