It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

Misstish HB User
Does anyone take supplements eg Thyroid helper

I'm wandering if this Thyroid Helper does what it says : Top thyroid & metaolism supplement naturally boosts metabolism, reduces fatigue, enhances conversion of T4 to T3, and helps to burn fat more efficiently. Please say it's true then I'll buy a truck load

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Does anyone take supplements eg Thyroid helper

Hi i am with you!!! 2500 calories a day and i'd be in heaven. a tank but in heaven. i am liveing on a strict diabetic diet of around 1200-1400 calories a day. gained 18 pounds in the past year that i can't get off for anything. always hot or cold never just right. hope this nuclear scan shoes something they can fix so i can get back on track.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: Does anyone take supplements eg Thyroid helper

I am not certain to if these supplements work or not.
Its thyroid hormones we need to replace the ones we dont make ourselves anymore. thyroid disorders seem to be shrouded in secrecy, even some doctors are not in on the secret hence their ignorance about them lol

the point I am trying to make is............. you never see supplements offered for boosting the pancreas do you? Well hypothyroidism is very similar to diabetes, its only the hormone thats different. the consequences can be just as severe though, heart disease, brittle bones high cholestrol are to name a few. these supplement companies cash in on the ignorance of thyroid disorders.

these supplements also reinforce the idea, that the weight gain many with hypoT sufferers have can be controlled. It can't without the proper thyroid replacement hormones, synthetic T4 or Armour the metabolism will slow down until it eventually stops and myexedema coma happens.
Armour is a natural product but it is pig thyroid glands that have been dried and compounded and shouldnt be confused with herbal extracts.
many also contain kelp which is bad for anyone with hypoT.
I wouldnt waste my money on them.
best wishes

Closed Thread