It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
mystery illness 22 yrs old/heart BP all over

ok since may 1st i have been suffering i have had all kinds of blood work a brain mri ct head scans ekgs holter monitor ive been to a phychiatrist a heart doctor a neurologist i am still gonna get the echocardiogram next week and a stress test done but htese are my wierd symptoms since the start of all this////woke up one night with right arm numb shook it off since then my blood sugar has dropped severly one day that happened i dont have diabetes or hypoglycemia ive been monitoring my blood sugar ever since and its never gone that low since//but im always lightheaed and feel out of it i have drastic blood pressure changes from laying down to standing up and drastic heart rate changes my heart will race out of nowhere in the middle of the night sometimes i get chest pains sometimes nausea bowel changes lost wieght/tired all the time /get wierd feell like im going nuts feeling sometimes like in my head im screaming///i havent been able to do anything since this but go to doctors the doctors at ist thought it could be anxiety attacks but after montoring me at the hospital all day they realise its more than that due to the drasic blood pressure and heart rate changes just from moving alittle my whole body feels off....they think it may be my automatic system or my glandular system so far my hormonal levels have been normal but my doc is doing someother test for that now i dont know what it is blood work my doctor says theres no signs of a heart problem in itself by all the ekgs ive had and my 24 hr holter he says he thinks whatever i wrong with me is effecting my heart and blood pressure thats why i had brain mri nothing my whole body is mesed up does anyone have any ideas of what i have! PLEASE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: mystery illness 22 yrs old/heart BP all over

Hi nikigrl8883. I am sorry so much is going on. I know it is scary not to know what is wrong.

Have you had your thyroid tested? I recommend that you ask for them to test the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3, and T4) and thryroid antibodies. They are not usually tested but are necessary for a comprehensive view. Realize that even if your results are in the normal range, they may not be normal for you.

I suggest you post on the thyroid board for feedback. The people there are great.

Hang in there okay? Don't give up, you will find out what is wrong.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

yes ive had thyroid tested and they said it was normal how do they test to see what your normal is suppose to be...i feel like im gonna die there never gonna figure this out....what about my puititary gland! causing all this how do they test for that sufficently?what should i do i have no idea anymore its been months i just wanna get it over with and die i cant stand this hell anymore how comw they cant find anything
! how hard is it to diagnose this this is ridiculous

Old 07-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
(female)

Hypergirl48 HB User

Nikigrl, please, please hang in there! I've been through some rough things, but never as much as you--you must be so scared! It's hard enough to go through problems with a disease when you know what you've got; I can't imagine how bad you feel, emotionally and physically, when they still haven't figured it out yet (but they will)!

I know it seems like, man, why can't they figure it out, but I've learned most recently that the body is a very complex machine. I recently found out I have Graves' disease, an autoimmune disease that makes you hyperthyroid. I had no idea how one little tiny organ could mess up your entire body when that organ's not working right! Things are so interconnected that sometimes it takes a while to figure out the problem. I know that doesn't really help you much when you think you're going crazy, are so miserable, and your life seems like it's turned upside down.

Do you have parents or someone else you can talk with about how you're feeling emotionally? Do you have someone to support you while you're going to all these doctors, you know, maybe go with you? If you're near a teaching hospital, you might want to consider trying to go there for some answers. Sometimes they're more up on things. Not saying your physicians aren't good, just possibly an option for you if you continue to get nowhere with your current physicians. I'm assuming when you say they checked your hormones, they checked your female hormones as well as your thyroid?

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, only support. Try to take each day as it comes and not worry about the next day or the next week. Stand up for yourself with your physicians. And if you can, take someone with you when you go to your appointments and tests. Let us know how you're doing. You're in my prayers.

Pam
6/06: Dx hyperT & Graves Disease. RAI 6/06. Current treatment: Synthroid

Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi im just reading this and thinking back to when i first had this disease my heart was racing then the next day it would feel slow and my blood pressure used to go right up and it was like having horrible attacks and you should keep checking your thyroid some people have thyroiditis or adrenal rushes i know they are still not quiet sure witch i had!!! or you could be swinging some people swing from hypo thyroid to yhper thyroid??? so you need to keep checking cos it sends the thyroid levels from all over the place, i beleive that when i ha d it it was adrenal rushes and my bowels turned to water and my heart rate was very fast even the doc at the a&e said no heart condition but it was rapid?? all theese weird things have finally slowed down now im better madicated but not fully so hang in there and keep the thyroid tests going and all hormone testing"!!! good luck lots of love from kat p xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps have you had all your adrenals tested???? make sure they do them!!!

Last edited by pursie; 07-19-2006 at 04:30 AM.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #6
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User

So sorry for what is happening to you. Could you have come into contact with something that caused this? breathed something in or an insect bite? Have they done bloodchecks for a virus? Wishing you well Rozzi

Last edited by rozzihippychick; 07-20-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
(male)

xlcander HB User

An adrenal problem is a possibility. A pheochromocytoma, a tumor of the adrenal gland needs to be ruled out. Blood and urine tests can be done for this. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
(female)

MissJenny HB User
Talking Re: mystery illness 22 yrs old/heart BP all over

I was so shocked to see your post on here. I was searching to find an answer to my question and you have the exact symptoms and we are about the same age also I am 21 and I have been dealing with for over a year. I've been doing everything you have and have been on a bunch of different medicines since then and still am. I hope we can find an answer to these problems soon, because believe me I know what your going through.

Jen

Last edited by MissJenny; 11-14-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Closed Thread