It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
(female)

Tracey110 HB User
Any other ladies get more symptoms around the time of their period?

Hi everyone!

Apologies for mot posting more often, been busy looking after rather poorly in-laws!
Anyway, thanks to you all on here, i am now taking 100mcg thyroxine a day, after starting on an initial dose of 50mcg. I am now waiting for results of latest labs and hope my GP (i am in England) will agree to keeping me on medication. You may or may not remember that i am lucky to have a gp who listened to my symptoms, rather than rely on blood test results alone. (My TSH was 3.3 when he started treatment and T4 was 11 on range of 9 to 20). He wants to get my T4 up to the top of the range to see if i feel better.

I Must say i am now beginning to feel much better than i did, not as tired, not as much brain fog, joint aches etc improving.....although, sorry to say, i still cannot seem to move any of this excess weight that i have gained even though i try to keep to 1000 cals per day, or even less!!!

My question for you all now is.....does anyone else notice an increase in symptoms, even when medicated, around the time of their menstrual period? I have found that the symptoms seem to increase again around this time, even down to the ones that are so much improved, like the heel pain on waking or rising afetr sitting for any length of time?

Will let you all know new blood results as soon as i get them. But once again, i must thank you all for the help you gave me getting me to this point.

Kind regards to all,
Tracey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 06:23 AM   #2
(female)

appleofearth HB User
Re: Any other ladies get more symptoms around the time of their period?

Hey Tracey!

Glad you're doing so much better now, I definitely get a 'dip' around my period. I asked about it a while ago and was told that when you're on a high enough dose for you the dips should stop.

Let us know how you get on with your next blood tests!

Becky

Closed Thread