It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
results of nuclear scan--------

pcp just called and said the nuclear scan i had showed one suspicious nodule on right side of thyroid. he is sending me to an endo at this point. don't know if she will do a FNA or watch it for a couple of months. really panicking now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User
Re: results of nuclear scan--------

Hi!

I hope they will do a fna to double check. Good Luck! Take care. Let us know what the endo will do next.

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

thanks for the response. don't have an appt. with endo until august 31st. UGH! probably have a nervous breakdown by then worrying whether they'll stick a needle in my throat, if it's cancer, if i'll need surgery, etc.,etc.,etc. all of the waiting is getting to me. I hear people say they had a suspicious nodule ,had surgery and that's it. test, after test and never any real answers. have a lump in my throat, trouble swallowing especially at night when i lay down. had to cancel 2 dentist appt. because i can't breathe when i lay back. am in the middle of alot of dental work that i just can't have finished right now. last time i went they had me numb and when i laid back lost my breath becasue i couldn't swallow. really getting to me.I feel like h---. tired constantly. have to lay down by 3:00 every afternoon, sweat constantly especially at night.

Last edited by ICC; 07-18-2006 at 01:46 PM.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:19 AM   #4
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi!
I have an appointment Aug 25....I know what you mean about the waiting. Do a search on fna.....that is what I did and in a way I knew what to expect. Don't get me wrong.....I was still scared....I do not like needles even with all the blood test I have been doing... Do not take fish oil vitamins and do not take blood thinners (motrin) before you do the fna. Just breath and do your research. Take care!

Cindy

Old 07-19-2006, 04:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thanks a million-------it's so nice to know i am not alone. i have had so many "little" surgeries and procedures that i have a real fear of anyone poking me anywhere anymore while i 'm awake. I'm a bad stick when i have blood drawn so that's a pain in the butt to begin with. Have had needles in the sole of my foot, my ear etc. some really odd spots. just becoming a chicken i guess. then i read where someone said the FNA is not always accurate and i keep thing why do it then. just take it out. Be well. It's going to be a long month of august.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi!

My endo got 4 samples and sent them to the lab. He said wait around for an hour. If the lab says not good sample or didn't get enough....he would then repeat the fna at that point. Thank goodness he got it right the first time...lol. I have had several surgeries and don't like people poking around also. Let your endo get a chance to do a fna and see what the results are. If it is thyroid cancer.....I have been told that it is a slow growing.

Thanks,

Cindy

Closed Thread