It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
daisy tell us howz it going?????

hi d ,
sweetie kat here hows it going on your armour, we havent heard how you are getting on, i hope its ok for you ,
i know you were so poorly and i remember your story and you were so sick, you had a lot of thyroxine and it wasnt for you was it and you adventually got the armour, wonderfull daisy you are a proper campaigner lol but it paid off and its true you have to be your own advocate!!!!
wish you could do it for me !!!! lol
what are the main differe vces, i have had awfull probs now i have iron tsts also, my periods are alittle lighte sinse i have had thyroxin3 but when i had my iron tests, my feeritin came back as 22 ranges are 20 to 200 very low yet my iron is 14 o to 18 so this is good amnd my folic acid was right at the top also i wonder how this has happenedxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx lots of love from your mate kat its good to hear from youxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: daisy tell us howz it going?????

heya kat, feeling great hun which is why i dont come on here as much as I would like xxxx

I am now able to walk my kids the 2 miles to school, do a days work and then walk home again. 3 months ago, I barely had the energy to catch the bus there and back.
My 11 yr old son said to me "its great to have our mum back" it sort of says it all doesnt it?
I am now on civil terms with my eldest daughter and hopefully in time my eldest son.

Kat, have you tried asking your GP what would happen if you stopped taking your levo? try it and see what he/she says. my trial is up on 1st of sept, my kids headteacher and my boss are going to write a letter to my endo telling him of the massive improvements in my functioning since the Armour.
Have you tried floridex for your ferratin levels, you get it from holland and barrat and its great stuff. I use the liquid not the pills as its better absorbed. before my hysterctomy 4 yrs ago I was anaemic{ haemoglobin and ferratin was very low} due to heavy periods. I had a fibroid, I took this on the recommendation of the gynae nurse before my op and I didnt need a blood transfusion afterwards.
I think the deficiencies occur because we dont metabolise properly until our thyroids are functioning again. Everything is getting drained through being out of whack.
I really hope you get sorted soon,but from your latest posts you seem to be doing better xxxxxxxxxxxxx
take care
luv daisy xxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 02:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: daisy tell us howz it going?????

over and out love from kat keep in touchxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Closed Thread