It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

Lore HB User
Help! I need to lose weight

Hello,

I'm taking synthroid for my hypothyroid problem. I've gain weight and I now have a respiratory problem do to weight gain (OSA), I am trying so hard to loose weight but it wont budge a bit. Can anyone recommend a good diet where you have seen good results.

Last edited by Lore; 07-18-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 03:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: Help! I need to loose weight

same as i gained more after taking the thyroxine?????????????????????????????? i have to have one meal aday and a low fat one at that the rest of the time snack on fruit and carrots i have to work out twice a day 500ckals in morn and after t another 2 300 cals and sometimes go out walking aswell oh yeah not forgeting i run around 24 7 after 3 kids under 10 what have you tried???? let me knoew its crap aint it!!!! love from kat oh yeah try weight watchers a few on this board have been succsesfull lots of love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Same here. just dx with an enlarged thyroid and i suspicious nodule. follow a strict diabetic diet since i have it diet controlled. no matter what i do i can't lose and everytime i cheat i can expect 3 more pounds on the next day. don't see the endo until late august so i don't know how this will end. Good luck.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

yeah my thyroid swells up, and i had to shout to the top yo even get a secound appointment i will be going mad for a scan dunno if i get one or not, we shall see, yeah but anyway somebody said they had a cold nodule and it was respsible for there weight gain please tell me why nodules can make your weight worse i thought if the old tsh was back in wack everthing was hunky dory god only knows!!!! all i know is i get a swollen throat from time to time and yes its my thyroid and i think its not normal for most thyroid sufferers to have and also ive told the endo and the doc and they sent me away, anybody who has this should be scanned, and all thyroid people should get a scan as standard ans so says me!!!!! love from kat i . s. h. t.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
(female)

loveshinesthru HB User

you might try a low carb diet. low carb not no carb.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
(female)

MOLLY6 HB User
Re: Help! I need to lose weight

I did have some success with weight watchers. The first week I lost 5 pounds (which I'm sure was a lot of water weight). After that sometimes 2 pounds one week, 1 pound the next. Sometimes I would lose nothing, but at least I never gained. I've stopped losing now, but its my fault for not sticking to it. I also started taking Congugated Lineolic Acid which someone recommended to help with fat. I will let everyone know how it works or if it helps at all. I am 5 foot 4 inches and weighed 178. I am down to 161 but still have 30 pounds to lose. Its so extremely hard to lose especially when I was always one to be able to eat everything and never gain a pound. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

molly you give hope to us love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

molly you give hope to us love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #9
(female)

Ducky2020 HB User

I recently started going to a place called Metabolic Research Center, AKA Metaslim. Their website is [ REMOVED ] if you'd like to see if they are in your area. After only two weeks, I feel a lot better already, which I attribute mostly to the higher protein than I had before. The plan focuses on a specific combination of foods designed to optimize your metabolism. I lost 6 lbs the first two weeks, and hopefully it will keep going. Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-23-2006 at 12:42 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites for any reason whether or not you personally benefit

Old 07-24-2006, 06:47 AM   #10
(female)

marissamm HB User

i had att in dec of 2004 i was always skinny, 10 years ago i started putting on weight a lot of it once i got to 194 it stayed like that, now that my levels are stable for the first time in years i lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks, just eating 1200 calories a day no breads pasta potatoes,cakes cookies etc. now i am still loosing and i went down 4 sizes i pray that i can keep it off. so hang in there it can be done!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

LisaBob HB User

Thanks for posting your successes - it gives me hope!!! I've lost 11 pounds but it seems like the only way I can lose is if I eat so little I'm literally shaking. I've cut way down on carbs, fats and sugars and added more protein. I'm tired and weak all the time. People really don't understand how hard it is.

I see a new endocrinologist in about 3 weeks and I can't wait. With the help of this board I have compiled a list of questions and tests I'd like run.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Closed Thread