It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

kwebster HB User
Rozzi-where are you!

Hi Rozzi!
How are you doing. You haven't posted in awhile. Maybe you are on a much deserved holiday. I was thinking about you. Let us know how you are doing. I am on my way to hypo land as I prepare for a full body scan and I-131 treatment. Will let you know how it all goes!
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User
Re: Rozzi-where are you!

Hi Kathy
Is that an mri scan? and what is that treatment? How are you managing? I am not so good I went to Devon for a funeral and fainted due to low calcium and heat and tumbled down a flight of stairs and injured my ankle so was hospitalised far away from home it was scary.I am Home now still depressed and low calcium no one can say why my parathyroids have,nt kicked in. Its 99F here a crazy heatwave countrywide I used to love the sun now I cannot cope I wish I had never had to have this surgery. Best of luck to you and listen to music during the scan Rozzi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
(female)

kwebster HB User

Oh my goodness! You poor thing! I am so sorry to hear about your injury. I can relate to the calcium levels. Mine are still not regulated. Who knows when those parathyroids will kick up. Anyway, tell us about your hospital stay. Did you break your ankle? Could they give you some calcium through an IV. WE had a heat wave here is the states. Very HOT. I am worried about you. Have you talked to your doctor about something to help with the depression. Seriously, it is worth a shot. How about some meditation or relaxing, self healing tapes. I know the UK has a lot to offer with holistic medicine. Do you have someone to talk to about your situation?

The scan I get to do is where I swallow a small amount of radioactive liquid and then go back the next day and they scan my entire body for remaining thyroid cells to determine how much treatment I receive to kill any cancer cells that might be in the body.

Please,please,please, keep in touch so we can help. I know it's rough!!!Take each hour at a time and try to think positive. I know how you feel about not wanting your thyroid out - I had the same thoughts! I will say a prayer for you!

Talk to you soon!
Kathy

Old 07-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User

kathy
I hope the scan shows you are cancer free fingers crossed for you. Ankle ligiaments are damaged and I am getting hyperthyroid symptoms again though I am only on 100mgs of thyroxine I am seeing my g.p today she does,nt seem to know what to do they don,t like giving stuff for depression.Feel trapped and my kids are just frustrated tired of mum being ill they get angry with me because I am not coping. Let me know how you do
Rozzi

Old 07-20-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
(female)

kwebster HB User

Rozzi:
How did the appointment with the gp go today? I was thinking about you. I know it's hard but certainly in your case a little more help would make you feel better. The research indicates a link between depression and thyroid. even though you had it out, the meds may need to be adjusted, and believe it or not my doctor said the calcium levels have a lot to do with mental functioning. I felt drunk and could not speak properly during the worst. I refused to take narcotics so I know I wasn't drugged up.

Trying to stay positive. In the back of my mind I am praying that I have no more cancerous cells in the body - maybe the holistic stuff has helped. I am scared for someone to drop some more bad news on me after the scan. Not much I can do! Miracles can happen! Take care and god bless!!!

Kathy

Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User

Kathy
I am praying for you too you deserve some luck now.Do you get the results immediatly? My T4 was 31 it should be 12 I am hyperthyroid again so the gp wants me to take no meds for 2 days then drop to 50mgs he thinks either thyroid antibodies have continued to run round my system for too long or live thyroid tissue got left over and its still producing T4 so by taking 100mgs I am sending myself into orbit. My pulse was 96 when he checked and heart rate double what it should be he thinks Its lucky I fainted rather than have a heart attack or stroke with all the heat and work I was doing for the family funeral.Oddly my blood pressure went down instead of up maybe due to lack of calcium fancy that helping me out! So I have to rest and hope dropping the meds reverses the trend. I see endo on tuesday. Its been scary just before I fainted I felt ill like never before. He thinks the depression will ease once stable but i,m gonna try some massage my daughter is qualified to practice and my eldest is reading up on thyroid tonight and feeling silly he was cross with me. Its hard for others to understand eh?My parathyroids are still in hiding how are yours? I wish you the best of British luck Kathy let me know how you are Rozzi

Last edited by rozzihippychick; 07-20-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Closed Thread