It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User
Hand Numbness

Hello!

I have been having problems with both hands becoming numb especially my right hand. I was out walking my dogs and I had the leash in my right hand and suddenly I dropped the leash. I have to keep switching the leash with each hands because they go numb. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Take care!

Cindy

Old 07-20-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
(female)

CyberGodess HB User
Re: Hand Numbness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockylucy05
Hello!

I have been having problems with both hands becoming numb especially my right hand. I was out walking my dogs and I had the leash in my right hand and suddenly I dropped the leash. I have to keep switching the leash with each hands because they go numb. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Take care!

Cindy
I used to have a lot of numbness (hands, both arms). It slowly, gradually gets worse. I got to the point were my entire arm (one or the other... sometimes both) would be completely numb all day long. I switched to Armour and don't have that problem anymore. What do you take? You need to up your dose or maybe switch your meds. How long have you been experiencing the numbness?

My name is Cindy Too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 02:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi there is numbness a sign of hypo? Im hypert and r4ecently ive been experiencing numbness which is short lasting near my ribs downt he right hand side... anyone else?

Old 07-20-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi kat here ,
i do get fat numb like hands that are hard to make a fist and it gets better gradually through the day i think its water retention and maybe i should get water tablets of the doc ???? any one else find the water retention worse after being medicatd???????? thats why we cant loose weight i think love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi Cyber!

I am not on any meds. Is this a symptom of hypo. My arms are feeling numb and tingling just like my hands, but I thought this is from being diagnosis as having osteoarthritis, but my endo did a test and he says I don't have arthritis. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I have either been hyper, or in the normal range. My blood work has not shown to be hypo. My endo wants to wait until I become hypo but wants to go ahead and see me in Aug....so maybe he might put me on meds. My tsh is June was a .22 out of .40-4.0 and in July is was a .36 out of .40-4.0. Take Care!

Cindy

Old 08-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hello!

I have been having muscle ache pain in my shoulders(and shoulder blades), arms, thighs, knees, shins, and my feet hurt also (I am on my feet a lot) along with the fingers, hand and arms being painful and numbing feelings. Like I have said before my ANA has come back normal so I don't have arthritis. I have symptoms of carpal syndrome, but don't have that either. I am so confused on this.....why would have all these pains but I don't have arthritis? Can someone explain. I would appreciate.

Thanks,

Cindy

Old 08-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

Hi guys I have the same problem, for the last weeks i have had numbness but it happens more when i am sleeping and it wakes me up......its crazy .. but what i can tell you is that it is a sign that i am not on enough thyroid meds, i went to today to get my lab results and my tsh was 11 and i have been getting that numbness all night, hope this helps.

by thje way I also get bad leg pains and also back pains, all from the darn thyroid, my tsh was at 11 2 weeks ago when i had the labs done,, so who knows what it is now, but i do get alot of pain with this hashis thyroid mess, and also when I am very hypo i get swelling of my legs/ankles, this is all very common among thyroid/hashis sufferers.

Last edited by jennyVee; 08-05-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:01 AM   #8
(female)

Maryee HB User

Don't know if this will shed any light on it for you but I am Hashimoto's hypo and for the last 6 years have had the numbness and tingling in hands, arms and legs. If you hold something for a small amount of time (like the hairdryer) the pins and needles start? Even typing at the computer?

Anyway, I have been going to my Dr's because despite my tests showing that I am in the upper range and that technically I should be okay, I am still suffering from tiredness, numbness, peeling nails, dry hair etc. My Dr ran a few more tests and it turns out that I am calcium and vitamin D deficient. My results were 0.1mg and the range that they use starts at 2.00mg!

It would seem that this may have something to do with the parathyroid and from looking on the internet, I have found that it can also be attacked by the immune system (the antibodies that gave us the problem with the thyroid in the first place!).

It would be very intersting to know if anyone else has had their calcium levels checked?

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Maryee

Old 08-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #9
(female)

rach33 HB User

I have hashi/graves and I get those same things in my hands, I also have carpal tunnel, I have those braces you sleep in, the ones w/the metal in the front of the palm, they seem to help relax the nerves. I also (not product pushing-) use some over the counter pain patches called Solonpas (japanese product) these patches help me so much, I put them on the nerve in my upper arm, I find that nerve causes it all, but any way the patches seem to sooth the nerve. I also put them on my wrists or where ever... again not product pushing just trying to help others in pain. I hope you get some relief from the tingles/I call them my psychotic nerves cuz it makes me psychotic when I have them. Hope that helps some one

Old 08-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
(female)

rach33 HB User

Its me again, I had mine checked and they were really low, I was told to go on vit d3 (it is easier to absorb, it looks like vit e tabs) anyway, I dont notice any differents in the amount of muscle pains or tingles, but lately Im have somekind of flare up. I was also told to take more magnesium. I dont do well w/multi vit suppliments. So I prefere to take my vits seperately. I also have Interstitial cystitis and vit sups seem to aggrivate that. I dont know if you are on the Depo provera shot, but I was and my Endo said that can deplete calcium too. (if we dont have vit 3 calcium cant be metabolized.) Some one else told me here that depo makes people feel worse, and that makes sense. Any way, I have long replies; I hope some of it helps. Rachel

Closed Thread