It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 03:41 AM   #1
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User
Unhappy levothyroxine dosage help!!

I was put on 125mg levothyroxine after surgery and went crazy irritable, tearful sweating like mad and insomnia on 4/7 this was dropped to 100mgs I can sleep now but still sweating with every move i,m moody and depressed I feel like i,m losing my mind. I weigh around 9st and 4ft 10 in height I won,t get blood test results for 2 wks could I still be hyper is anyone out there with no thyroid on less than 100mgs? Rozzi

Old 07-20-2006, 04:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: levothyroxine dosage help!!

hi,
do you mean you have no thyroid atall? and if so it does seem a little low compared to other people who ive heard talking on this board, my mum and dads freind unis has had a t thyrectomy and is on 200 thyroxine, maybe ther is still some thyroid hormones floating around your blood???? what does your doc say about all this , you may need to do all this gradually and it probably all needs to settle down, its weird but you do have symptoms of hyper wich can be relly unpleasant i know cos the doc gave me to much throxine and it was awfull the heart rate and all!!! talk to ytour doc again and se what he says and ask him to give you less if it continues but it may all just needs to settle down, take care and sorry i cant offer more support, its just stuff on the top of my head hopefullyt someone who is clever on theese matters will reply hint hint lots of love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 AM   #3
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User

Thats right I have no thyroid at all its why I am so puzzled so is my doctor. I am at the point I cannot cope anymore. Thanks for what you said Rozzi

Old 07-20-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

before your thyroid was removed, did you have hyper or hypo?? if you were hyper maybe the doc should hold of f with those meds untill he does tests and keeps comparing all the tests!! take care love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx x

Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
(female)

daisy01 HB User

The dosage seems mighty hefty to me, you should start on 25 - 50 mg and build it up slowly.
When i was first diagnosed the docs gave me 100mcg and I thought i was having a heart attack. My gp then lowered the dose to 50mcg then after 10 weeks i went up to 75mcg then 10 weeks later went up to 100mcg then 6 weeks later 125mcg.
Go back to your GP and tell him/her you need to reduce the dose for a while. Its your body, you know how you are feeling so you need to tell them what you need
good luck xxxx
daisy
ps I now take 1 and half grains of armour (pig thyroid) instead of levo and feel great

Last edited by daisy01; 07-20-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
(female)

b&wcats HB User

Hi -- I am on a whoppingly tiny 14 mcg a day, time release, spread out over two doses of T4.

I couldn't even take the 25mcg of either T4 (synthroid) or Armour without being way way way too speedy.

It has worked!!! I started, very very slowly at 6 mcg in April. It took over a month to get up to the 14mcg. My health insurance won't cover it because it is considered alternative therapy because it is so darn low.

My TSH level is now at 4.44 from 11 in April.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User

my T4 was at 31 today and my gp nearly had a fit he suggested no thyroxine at all for 2 days then take 50mgs daily. Remembering I have no thyroid at all what do you all think? Rozzi

Closed Thread