It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 AM   #1
(male)

gobipuba HB User
Sonnogram report

I had a US of my ultrasound and need help in understanding the following.

Right Lobe 4.6 X 1.8 X 1.7 cm
Left Lobe 3.6 X 1.7 X 1.4 cm

"3 to 4 mm hypoechoic nodule on right thyroid lobe, likely representing an adenoma'' The thyroid sonogram is otherwise unremarkable

Question With normal thyroid tests and negative Antibodies for Hashis, would this nodule be likely or possible to cause symptoms of poor thyroid function? I have fatigue, poor sleep, weight gain, Carapl tunnel, and dry skin. Does it make a differnence what size the nodule is in causing overall symptoms?

Also, does this suggest that my right lobe is enlarged in comparison to the left?

i did check out the size, and it says the average size of a lobe is 3-4 cm. Does this suggest that the right lobe is a bit large? The US report does not mention this.

Also, can anyone explain how the thyroid causes carpal tunnel?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread