It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

Frenna HB User
Diagnosed with Hashi's

Hello..

I was diagnosed with Hashi's yesterday. I have an enlarged thyroid and over production TPO antibodies and the other antibodies (the less sensitive ones with a name escaping me). I do not have lowered hormone levels. Since I don't have hormone level changes would I feel any symptoms? I think I have some of them, but I am not sure of I even could. I am tired, I feel like I am getting a cold, and my mind is just not "right."

Thanks for any info.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

flourishing HB User
Re: Diagnosed with Hashi's

Hi Frenna

Welcome to the Thyroid boards

A good starting point IMO is this board

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=106126[/url]

it has the symptoms of Hypothyroidism and other useful links and things

Even though you don't have the level changes you may still have symptoms.
Quote:
I am tired, I feel like I am getting a cold, and my mind is just not "right."
they are some symptoms

Are you on medication?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

Frenna HB User

Thanks for the welcome flourishing

I will be starting 0.1mg of thyroxine tomorrow, since I found out my diagnosis after my pharmacy was closed yesterday.

I have been trying to read up on all sorts of stuff, but I don't think anyone has said you can have symptoms without a hormone decrease. This is all so new and it certainly does not help that I am having trouble remembering stuff.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:44 AM   #4
(female)

flourishing HB User

Just incase I give you the wrong information on the levels, I won't comment on them. A more knowledgable member will come along and answer that, I'm sure

All the useful information I come across, I cut and paste into a word file on my computer so I can re-read it later if I've forgotten - my memory hasn't totally come back to me either. I'm on 200 mcg Thyroxine - have been on it for a year since being diagnosed with Hashimoto's.

You'll start to feel better in the next few weeks on the medication

Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
(female)

kj547 HB User

Frenna: What are you antibody numbers, if you know? I was diagnosed last week & wanted to compare numbers with someone. BTW, my mind feels fuzzy all the time too, for what its worth!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenna
I do not have lowered hormone levels.
"Lowered" in the case of thyroid levels is a relative term. I would bet that your levels are in the bottom half of their ranges, and more likely at the bottom of them. If you have a copy of the results, look and see. People who have no symptoms tend to have levels in the top half to third of the ranges.

I'm glad that you were give a prescription. You'll very likely experience some relief from your symptoms relatively soon. I will warn you though, that your starting dosage is very much higher than that at which most patients start, and that could give you some problems. It's generally better to start lower - say, .05 mgs, and gradually increase. Indeed, that's how most MDs do it. If I were you, I would call the MD's office and ask if the MD thinks it would be valuable to start with half a pill for a few weeks, until you see how your body handles it.

Whatever you decide, wishing you good luck!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #7
(female)

Frenna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj547
Frenna: What are you antibody numbers, if you know? I was diagnosed last week & wanted to compare numbers with someone. BTW, my mind feels fuzzy all the time too, for what its worth!
KJ: I do not know the levels. They are supposed to be mailing me some stuff and I hope my tests are in there. If not I plan to get them. I will post them when I find out.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
(female)

Frenna HB User

midwest:

I was wondering if I was on the low end of the range too. I can't remember, but I have a copy of those results at home I can check out.

Hmmmm. I will call and ask about the dose, but I am glad to hear that I will start feeling better.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hello!

I also have hashi's and I am still trying to understand all of this too. My endo wants me to wait until I am hypo and he originally wanted me to wait 6 months, but I had called the office and requested a blood test since I have been getting worse. He called me back and we talked and I asked him if I should keep my appointment for Aug 25 and he said yes. I hope he will put me on meds.....because I cannot wait until Dec to do anything. You are lucky to be put on meds. I agree with midwest the dosage seems kinda of high. I hope you will start feeling better soon. Take care! Let us know how you are doing with you meds and symptoms.

Cindy

Old 07-21-2006, 07:23 AM   #10
(female)

Frenna HB User

I called the doctor and he seemed to think I will be fine starting on that dose. He says most of the people he sees that have problems starting the med are older than me. So, I took the full dose this morning and I will see what happens.

rocky:
I hope you get some help too

Old 07-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi Frenna!

Thank you so much. I hope I get some help also. Aug will be here pretty soon(see the endo Aug 25) and then I am on vacation the beginning of September. I am hoping it will get better soon. I hope you are feeling so much better now that you are on meds. Take Care!

Cindy

Closed Thread