It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
results are in????????

just picked up the results of my thyroid ultrasound and nuclear scan. blood was done today. should have the results by tues. I hope someone can help me understand these because i don't have a clue.
Ultrasound thyroid:
Enlarged with multiple cystic nodules and partially complex nodules with calcifications on right lobe. largest nodule is in the right lobe in the upper pole. primarily cystic and measures 1.4 cm. rt lobe is 4.9x1.5x1.7 consistent with multinodular goiter.
Thyroid image with multiple uptakes:
the 24 hour 1-123 uptake value is in the hypo range
there is a questionable cold nodule along the periphey of the rt lobe.
6 hour uptake 4.8% which is normal
24 hour uptake 11.3% which is in the hypo range.
scan demonstrates mildly enlarged gland with patchy activity throughout. there is a questionable cold nodule along the lateral margin of the rt lobe which would correlate with the cystic nodule on the thyroid ultrasound.
I have no idea what any of this means. if someone can interpret i would be thrilled.
thanks so much

Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User
Re: results are in????????

Has your doctor explained any of it to you?

I just got my thyroid scan results too and my GP wouldn't tell me anything (I have a copy of the report) except to make a appointment with a Endo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2006, 05:58 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

me too. picked the results up yesterday to bring to the endo in august. should get my blood work back on tuesday. my pcp is great but didn't really go into details other than he didn't want me to wait 4 mos. to see the endo, the cold nodule could be cancerous but isn't always. he didn't seem to be too worried but i find him to be cautious but not an alarmist. i'm nervous because i feel lousy and have been going through alot of tests for work related injuries, fibro, lupus, RA. so with the pain of my injuries and the suspicions of other illness, plus this thyroid thing coming up it's just all too much poking and sticking and waiting for results. plus at this point i don't know what is causing what symptoms.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dlkk HB User

Do you have any thyroid nodules? I have one which came back "increased vascularity", which is why my GP wanted me to see a Endo.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

the ultrasound says multiple but the nuclea scan says 1 cold nodule. most of what i've read says that 1 is worse than multi but there is still only a small % of cold nodules that are cancerous. I just wish i could get this over with and stop worrying about it.

Closed Thread