It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User
Subclinical Hyper & Multi Nodular Goiter

Hi Guys

I haven't posted on here for a while but I feel the need to come back!!

I was diagnosed with a multi nodular goiter 3 years ago (runs in the family) but was always told that my labs were fine (same old story!!). I suffered now with anxiety for almost 12 months. I was admitted to hospital in Jan 06 with a view of a TT but the consultant decided that it wasnt necessary yet and so I was sent home. He told me that there was no way my symptoms could be related to my thyroid as the labs were spot on (yadda yadda yadda!). Anyway I decided to just get on with things and deal with my anxiety the only way I knew how - by accepting it. I still hate it but I get on with life (feeling like ***** most of the time!).

Anyway in Apr this year we emigrated to Australia and as part of the Visa process I had to get my labs done over here. I had them done on on the Friday afternoon and the doc phoned me up the Monday night to tell me that the labs werent normal and that I was Subclinical HyperT. I was bloody furious with my UK Endo at the time but after I spoke to the doc I realised that this meant I just had a lower TSH (0.128) but my T3 and T4 were fine so I should be asymptomatic?! She recommends I see an Endo here asap though for a scan (had that done in Jan in UK!) and to discuss possible treatment. After reading up on the condition online though I've found that I should have asked to get my FreeT3 & FreeT4 tested too not just T3 &T4 (the good thing about living in Oz is that you get to ask what tests you want - because I pay for it at the moment!!)!

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else here has been diagnosed as Subclinical HyperT with a Multi Nodular Goiter and if so do you have symptoms from it and are you being treated??

Thanks guys - I'm so p!ssed off with having to think about my frigging symptoms all the time - I just want this over!

Rach xxxx

Last edited by tygwyn; 07-22-2006 at 07:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User
Re: Subclinical Hyper & Multi Nodular Goiter

Nobody at all?? Bugger!

Old 07-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

For the last few years I always have a suppressed TSH and lower than mid range FT4 and FT3 but I've never heard it diagnosed. Most doctors will just cut your meds and say you are over medicated which is wrong. Many people have this same problem without an explanation. I have never heard it called "subclinical HyperT", but at least its good for it to have a name. Has any doctor explained to you "why" this is the case. I would "love" to know.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

Hi

I'm the same - had never even heard of it until I moved to Oz! Couldnt believe it when I realised that there was actually a problem which my UK Endo should have told me about (whether he believed it required treatment or not!). The doctor phoned me up here to tell me this and when I looked at my copy of the lab results it actually stated on there 'consistent with subclinical hyperthyroidism'! I cant really tell you much more on the subject sorry because as yet I havent seen an Endo. If you do a search on google though you will find plenty of info!

HTH

Rach xxxx

Closed Thread