It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

stephanie867 HB User
My nodule shrunk!!!!!! On it's own!!!

I posted awhile back, but couldn't find the thread....

Short background:

I got really really sick with something (still unknown) back in Feb this year. Back and forth to the doc about twice a week, and a few ER trips too.

In March, my GP ran bloodwork and everything came back fine. She was feeling my lymph nodes and ran her hand down my neck and said "wow, your thyroid feels big". Looked at the bloodwork again, checked everything and it was all in range.

She sent me for ultrasound, uptake scan, and biopsy. Turns out I have a complex cystic nodule. All fine...biopsy came back benign. Told me not to worry about it. I asked about seeing an endo and she said "no need". Well, I thought there was a need....

So I found a GREAT endo. She looked through all my paperwork, talked to me for an hour examined me, and said to come back in 3 mos. Then prescribed synthroid...said it would make me hyper til my body got used to it and to call if I had any problems. This was in April.

I googled synthroid & thyroid nodules and couldn't come up with anything that proved synthoid would actually do anything. And I have anxiety issues anyway, the last thing I needed to do was go hyper.

I also started seeing a naturopath, who told me that she treats ovarian cysts by rubbing castor oil on the area. She told me to use the castor oil on my neck, it certainly couldn't hurt. I asked her what she thought about Reiki and energy healing and, after being surprised that I brought it up, said she sees an energy healer regularly.

So I found a Reiki Master nearby, and have been to 6 sessions with her.

Last Friday I had my ultrasound and today I had the follow up with the endo. My nodule has shrunk! Not a huge amt, but it went from 2.8 x 1.6 x 2.2 to 2.8 x 1.4 x 2.2.

I told my endo that I chose to not take the synthroid and instead try alternative treatments and she just told me to keep up whatever I was doing because it was obviously working and she'd see me in 6 mos!

WooHOO!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

flourishing HB User
Re: My nodule shrunk!!!!!! On it's own!!!

Congratulations stephanie867

Glad it worked for you. My dad did a Reiki course a few years ago and still practices it (not as a business though) but he doesn't live near us unfortunately so can't try it

Keep it up But remember to see your doc for a followup to monitor it

Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

Stephanie.............Your nodules can shrink and enlarge on their own and and it has been noted that meds can shrink them too. I would think that this is what happened in your case. If I were going to experiment with reiki I would want to know what I was getting into. For more information go to the "alternative medicine" board. To get there look to you top right of this page and click on search and go to "parent board". Then scroll down and click on "alternative medicine". Then look back up to top of that page and click on "search". Type in "cannalee" and you will go to her post on this subject and she will tell about her experience and how she was enlighted about it and decided not to get involved. I have a post on that thread telling her about the dangers of it.

Please don't think I am being judgemental about it........I just care about you and want you to know before you get into it, about the dangers.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
(female)

MATYA HB User

When I was originally diagnoses many years ago with a cold nodule, my Dr. at the time throught that by using Synthyroid the medicine would supress the nodule (that is slow down the growth), but in my case over he years it continued to grow into chest substernally until it became so large and had to be removed.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
(female)

stephanie867 HB User

Thank you for the info, Shmily. It was interesting.

Right now, I'm going to stick with it. I have prayed and prayed since February for help feeling better. Through a series of very bizarre coincidences, I found my Reiki Master. I also suffer from anxiety and panic disorder and can truly say that since I've started, I feel peaceful for the first time in many many years.

In time, I may change my mind, but right now, it's working well for me, even my family has noticed a difference, and my son even mentioned that I don't "freak out" anymore.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

Stepanie..............I respect your right to choose your own path, but just wanted you to be aware and not go into it deceived. We have been told to "choose this day who you will serve". We have a choice, but we can't serve both. I wish you the very best and hope your health gets better and better.

Closed Thread