It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User
Unhappy is this unusual??

I had my thyroid removed 5 weeks back and despite adjusting my meds and now being thyroxine free for 5 days I am crazily hyperthyroid. My endo says today live thyroid tissue may have been left behind and I will need radiotherapy to kill it. Is this a medical mistake or is it common? What exactly is radiotherapy, what are the side affects? I am feeling like I have been badly treated should I be? Rozzi

Old 07-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: is this unusual??

hi,
i dont know much about this but ive heard of other people having this, so i think it might be normal it sounds good not having to have that thyroxine, but im sure thats not your main concern and this is more for your support, i have been hyper when i was over medicated, and it isnt very pleasent, i cheated and brought it down with my anti stress pills this may be drastic but it may be the awnser if your not sleeping and you feel racey, its just so unpleasent, i feel so much for you and i expect everyone else knows what im talking about we have probbly all experienced this! if you do have to have that treatment ask your doc how he feels about a short term reliver or sedative if thats what will stop it until the treatment plan is finished, best of luck to you sweetie and sending support waves to you lots of love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
(female)

kwebster HB User
Re: is this unusual??

Rozzi:
The treatment is like I am getting ready to go through except you won't get as much radiactive iodine since you don't have cancer. Good heavens! What more can you go through! I will write soon.

Kathy

Closed Thread