It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

jacquiwilliam HB User
Anyone help me with my blood results please

Hi
to cut a long story short I ended up on a thryroid website and had a lotof the symptoms of hypo thryroid or so I though got my blood tests back today they said they are normal results were 1.31 and the reference ranges used were 0.4 -4.5 the receptionist said they came back as normal but I have a hard time losing weight exstreamly tried all the time muscel aches wrists hurt fingers hurt legs hurt ( did think I was getting rsi) senstive ears ( I was under the hosp for ear problems never found out reason) freezing feet/hands all the time (usually but not in this heat we are having)
can anyone help is this a normal result!!! or give any advice

thanks in advance xx

Old 07-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Anyone help me with my blood results please

Hi, The problem in only testing the TSH is that it does not show the actual circulating thyroid hormones. It is only a pituitary response. There has been some ongoing debate about the TSH not being a good test for severity of tissue hypothyroidism.

You actually need to get thyroid antibodies tests, and the Ft4 and Ft3 tests. This will show if you have a thyroid disorder. If your doctor refuses, then order your own at HealthcheckUSA.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Anyone help me with my blood results please

Yes, Jacqui, you do seem to have hypoT symptoms. Get those free thyroid hormone levels done.

You may want to start looking around, networking to find a new doc. The best docs look at a much larger picture than just TSH. They consider your symptoms, your whole thyroid picture, and the interaction of your thyroid with other endocrine glands.

Best wishes.

Closed Thread