It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
now im hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi,
ive been on thyroxine for the last few months and ive been at 50 and ive tolerated it fine and felt fine for atleast 8 weeks or more then i had abad virus and was put on antibiotics for a week then after that i was still ok now a few days later i have started to feel really hyper , at first it starded with loss of sleep and appetite but its getting worse every day, this coinsides with me opening a fresh pack of thyroxine , its exactly trhe same make and everything surely each pack shouldnt differ to this degree or have i got an extra strong batch, or ofcourse theres something else behind it??? please let me know if any of you sweet hearts have any ideas love to all on the board also katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: now im hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Pursie...if you've only been on it for a few months you may still be in the adjusting dose phase. When was the last time you had labs done? I don't know if the antibiotics has any thing to do with it...you could call the phamacist and ask if there is a connection. Since its the same brand and dose you've been taking without problem, its probably not the pills. I wonder if having a virus that long before treating it could have thrown your system out of whack. Maybe its time to give the dr. a call, tell him what's going on and see what he has to say. hope your feeling better soon. take care...phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

thanks phillis,
seeing the doc tomorrow but im not sure they will do anything i guess he will send me for bloods but i just had them done!!! last time my tsh was 2.8 and i felt a little sluggish, bet im o. something now and going into the hyper levels , it feels like ive had a rise in meds by a tleast 25 i feel like laast time i was raised its so strange, i do have hashis and a freind of mine says it could be the old anti bodies raging??? i dunno its just very unpleasent the hyper feeling and i guess you know where im coming from on that one !!! lots of love phil and have a good one matey over and outxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-27-2006, 05:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

Hi pursie...let us know what you find out at the dr. Is it the same dr. that you saw for the virus? If not be sure to fill him in on what's been going on. have a good day..take care...phyllis

Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

daisy01 HB User

hiya kat, ignore the TSH levels its your free T4 that you need to look at.

my Tsh is 0.4 on Armour and I dont feel hyper at all. The Tsh only shows how happy your pit is and nothing else because its a pit hormone not a thyroid hormone.
i personally think its your anti bodies playing up after your virus and thats making you feel hyper. Are you taking selenium?
take care sweetie xxxx
loves d xxxxx

Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

thanks for your posts,
um yes it is the same doc! i know, and its all complecated so can you tell me what is the ranges for t4 free and antibodies thanks to all , i thought once we found the right dose it would all bve ok i hat4 this hyper its awfull, its just so strange that when i opened that pack it felt stronger my hair is coming out and i sweayting more its mimiking a med rise! there is one more thing i used to chew my thyroxine and i stopped doing that this week could this make it feel stronger?
and can your antibodies mimik a raise in meds exactly???? thanks guys y7oure starsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Old 07-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

HI Kat...there is no way to tell you what ft4 or antibodies ranges should be. different labs use different values for their test so by telling you what the lab i go to uses probably wouldn't help. I never had an antibody test so i'm no help on that one. Getting the dose that is right for you is tricky, its trial and error. You should try to take each does level at least 6-8 weeks so it can get in your system. If you test sooner you may not get an accurate reading. Maybe switiching brands would amke a difference. Each brand has different fillers that may alter how your body absorbs the med. I don't think chewing would do anthing except get it into your system soon. Did the dr. tell you to do that?

Daisy is right..the ft4 is the one that tells how much thyriod hormone is in your system. I feel best when mine is in the upper half of the normal range used by our hospital. A good dr. will look at both to decide what does is right for you even if the numbers say to do something different. Take care...phyllis

Old 07-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

over and out ! thanks yes i saw the doc today and she was crap1 sorry about that, i think it was the pack as it hasnt done today and it was a different pack, she said i have to do my adrenals as it was abnormal, but she said thyroxine has no bearing on the adrenals , yet another doc said that when your thyroid gets bac into line so does your adrenals, so somebody is telling porkies im sure it does help it though ive heard other people on the boards say it helps get everything back in line ?????
there is one thing that could have made a differnce i used to chew them and the doc said dont could this have actually worked better un chewed??????? i iknow one thing its sent everything out i felt a bit better at 2.7 and now i feel horrible today i chewed my tabs again and i feel hyper thyroid???? i dont know wat to think anymore??? lots of love to everyone love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-29-2006, 12:54 AM   #9
(female)

daisy01 HB User

heya kat, hope your weekend is going well xxx
I dont chew my meds but let them dissolve under my tongue and find this works far better than swallowing them
luv daisy xxxx

Old 07-29-2006, 05:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Daisy...i've heard of others letting the meds dissolve under the tongue, but have never known why. Are they absorbed better that way? What about the taste? I've always just swallowed them. I see that both you and kat are from England..do the dr. do things different there? Have a good weekend...phyllis

Old 07-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

HI YEAH YOU COULD SAY THAT !
the docs seem more thourough in the usa , you all seem to get endos etc and lots of tests, we dont get an endo hear unless your thyroid is bulging out of your neck lol! and thats if youre lucky mind you we dont have to pay out over hear but i hear we will be soon! , phillis the tabs seem much stronger swollowed the doc dosent say how to take it?? they seem to last longer swollowed i feel extremly hyper sinse i stopped chewing them??? unless like i say it was a bad batch? im still not reallly sure, i hope you both have a good weekend and im sending all my love and healthy days to you, may we all be well on the thyroid boards this weekend and here on in lolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxps theres a debait going on do you guys beleive in tv licence if you dont watch bbc and you have cable???? just wondering wat tou thoughts were on it sorry for changing subject ????? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkatpursxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #12
(female)

daisy01 HB User

Hiya phyllis,
its just like Kat says we dont get to see an endo here unless there are big problems. The only choice of thyroid meds for most here is levothyroxine ....or......levothyroxine!!! I am one of the few lucky ones who got Armour on the NHS. They dont check for antibody levels here and even though I am on Armour they wont test my free T3 levels. My doc knew very little about thyroids before but he is learning now!!! lol
They reckon that if you let thyroid meds dissolve under your tongue, it gets straight into your blood stream instead of most of it being destroyed by the digestive process. Plus if you have a rapid bowel then most of the T4 will be excreted before it gets a chance to get converted to T3.
my weekend hasnt been too bad thanks, has yours been good?
take care
daisy xxx

Old 07-29-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
(female)

Tallwoman HB User

Hi Pursie,

I saw your post and noticed you mention feeling hyper since starting antibiotics. Is the antibiotic by chance Doxycycline (or any tetracycline)? I took that and it made me feel so hyper I thought I was going to shoot off this earth like a rocket. When I mentioned it to my doctor and refused to take it anymore, he said he'd never heard of that problem. The thing is I heard that this antibiotic causes problems with people on Lithium and Lithium can cause thyroid problems, so there has GOT to be a connection there.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallwoman
Hi Pursie,

I saw your post and noticed you mention feeling hyper since starting antibiotics. Is the antibiotic by chance Doxycycline (or any tetracycline)? I took that and it made me feel so hyper I thought I was going to shoot off this earth like a rocket. When I mentioned it to my doctor and refused to take it anymore, he said he'd never heard of that problem. The thing is I heard that this antibiotic causes problems with people on Lithium and Lithium can cause thyroid problems, so there has GOT to be a connection there.
yes you are right,
are you really a tall woman by the way?, i heard that about lithium im not on it but im on v. strong opiates they do of course change metabolic rate but yes of course the doc has never heard of it, this hyper thing didnt start till my penicilin was finished but i also stopped chewing them that day and i opened a new pack alll om the same day and after alliminating everything and changing packs it must be a dodgy batch and its messed me about i dont feel right and my thyroid is swollen also my sight is blury and im going for a wee every 20 and ive lost a lot of weight in 3 days about 4 5 pounds i would swear im coming down with diabetas?????m i shall be taking the pack for analasis , when i got hyper i thought it was a bad lot after 3 days of strangly being hypet so i opened a different pack and i felt so sleepy and awfull all day its got to be a faulty or to strong?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx love to you alll youve been great as always xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Old 07-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Kat and Daisy....When i started on meds no one mentioned letting them dissolve under the tongue. Maybe that is one difference between here and there. I'll give it a try, but feel i won't be patient enough to wait it out....hahaha. I've never had a t3 or antibody test either. Unless there is a reason, i think ft4 and tsh are the only test they do.

So, what are you doing anyhing fun this weekend? take care...phyllis

Closed Thread