It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

MATYA HB User
Up Date On My Situation

Just wanted to keep everyone posted on my status. As all the regulars know I'm the one who had the large substernal thyroid with the TT in Dec 2005 with all the continued post op problems.

Last week I had a Laryngoscopy and Friday I'm have a modified barium swallow. Next week I'm scheduled for a MRI of my neck and a referral is also being put in for some type of voice therapy. I also still need to make an appointment for a 2nd opinion from another GI Dr.

After I see all of these Dr's within my health plan and go through all these specialty tests/procedures and if there is no real positive results, I will probably seek out treatment through NIH (National Insitutes of Health or John's Hopkins Hospital) here in the area where I reside.

My faith is strong, because I know God gave us Dr.'s to help, just continue to pray with me for my complete recovery.

I wish that I had know about this board prior to my surgery last year, but I am truly greatful now for a place to share. angel:

Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Re: Up Date On My Situation

Thanks for keeping us posted. I think of you often, as I remember your encouragement for me with my voice issues after my TT a month before yours.
Stay persistant! I've been good for 2 1/2 months!
I have finally gotten my voice under control with the exercises the voice therapst told me to do, and staying hydrated. I also keep throat drops at all times.

Ill be thinking good things for you!

Tawny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi Matya!

I was wondering when you were going to post. I have been thinking about you. I am hoping you will get better with the help of these doctors. Take care and take it easy. I will pray for you!

{{Hugs}}

Cindy

Old 07-27-2006, 05:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

prayers are there for your complete recovery. I have had it all happen at one time. the enlarged thyroid with one cold nodulesee the endo in august) saw the ENT surgeon (had vocal cord polyps that he removed years ago) told him about my swalloning problem so he went down and looked. said voice box and cords look good but there is swelling behind my voice box and also notice the top of my esophagus is swollen. so now i am heading for a barium swallow tomorrow (he suspects LPR) and he will do another test in his office in a couple of weeks where he puts the scope all the way down my esophagus. it's amazing how it al goes hand in heand. let us know how you are.

Closed Thread