It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

smile2 HB User
newly diagnosed hypothyroid

Hi this is my first time on a chat site.
I was diagnosed 2 months ago with hypothyroidism am feeling better since starting levothyroxin 150mcg. but I need to get as much info as possible so that I can do all I can to help myself. I am waiting for bloods to come back so I can not give my numbers yet.I thought that once I took the little pill life would be good again boy do I feel dumb.. so what do I need to know now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: newly diagnosed hypothyroid

what a lovely name smile2, and welcome to the board.
Glad you are starting to feel better with meds, this is a great board with loads of lovely people who are more than happy to help you on your road to recovery. There is lots to learn about your thyroid so keep posting your questions as and when you need to, and further down the line you will be helping others.
there is an information page at the top of the board which is a very good place to start doing some research, the more knowledge you gain then the less scary this all becomes.
best wishes
daisy xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 04:40 AM   #3
(female)

smile2 HB User

Thanks Daisy
I am reading everything I can get my hands on right now, but a big question I have is this, is anyone out there symptom free once they get the meds sorted out, if not what is the best to hope for. I am a realist, but not the woe is me type I will fight and do everything I can to get this thing under control, I will not let it rob me of my life.
I have just had 2 days of fatigue, when I get these days am I doing the right thing in just pushing through, or is it better to rest up if you can? I think I'm a little scared that if I let it get me down I may never get up.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
(female)

daisy01 HB User

I was diagnosed in june 05, i had an unmeasuarably high TSH and an unmeasurably low T4 result. I didnt realise how ill I had been feeling until I got well.

for the best part of the year I felt dreadful, suicidal even as I never believed I would ever feel well again. I was reading posts on here that led me to believe that no one ever does.
One day the penny dropped for me, and I realised that the well people didnt post on here. Here I am 13 months later I am fully functioning at work, going places and doing stuff with my kids. my house is tider and my garden is slowly getting done. I feel 15 yrs younger and at 42 its a great feeling.
I even manage to shave my legs every day and not just do them when I was going somewhere (usually to harrass my doctor lol)
Things still affect me though, I am just getting over a major crash but its something I just have to accept will still happen.
well done you, for doing research its the only way to take control of your thyroid monster. I used it to educate my doc too, we dont get Armour here in the UK but I was able to use the stuff I learned to back up what I was saying and get Armour prescribed.
best wishes daisy xxx

Old 07-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
(female)

boata HB User

Smile2
There is hope - I am just past 4 months of being on Armour and I'm feeling like a new person! The dreadful fatique is almost totally gone - only when I overdo does it come back. But everyone around me is amazed at how much I've changed in the last 4 months. You're doing the right thing by becoming educated about this - ask loads of questions and push for thorough treatment. And yes - I come to these boards less and less now since I'm feeling better, so Daisy is right. This board helped me so much - so just wanted to pop in and say hang in there - better days on coming if you just keep on...

Closed Thread