It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
hashimotos ? tell me again i dont get it????

pleas tell me again,
i dont get it ? i have got flue a gain and the doc tells me i only just had the start of hashis this is the secound virus in a month?? im on 50 of levothyroxine and was ok on that , then i thought i had a bad batch and i stopped them now , and opened a different pack as i felt axtremly hyper, i only had them for 3 days and then stopped and opened a different packet, now i feel so sleepy flue like, ashmha has started i have a fever and a sore throat! my heart beat feels so slow , actually i feel like before i had the meds, extremly cold, and i keep going to the loo. my sight is not good and ive lost alot of weight 6-7 pounds in a week, do you think this bad batch has caused my anti bodies to rage and my thyroid is swollen, sorry for all the questions i just feel so rotten, i also think they should be analised, in case i am right and there are other bad batches for other people out there?? how would i go about this in england, i told the chemist and they said go to the docs and the docs said go back to the chemist???? wat do i do now???? it could be ruled out???? lots of love from kat purs has anyone else heard of this happening, and also, it wasnt just a little bit hyper it was way hyper the same feeling everytime they up my meds but by 100 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkatxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
(female)

rach33 HB User
Re: hashimotos ? tell me again i dont get it????

I have hashi/graves and I have been feeling that way lately too, but Im on synthroid. I am getting my cortisol level checked (blood cortisol was 22.5 just under the normal 23, now testing 24 hour urine). If you haven't already search Addisons and Cushings disease; see if something rings true for you? I hope you feel better. Rachel

Old 08-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi Pursie and Rach!

I hope you both feel better soon. I either don't feel good in the morning or/and at night, but in the middle of the day it is not too bad. I feel like I have the flu or a sinus infection. Lately, I have been worry about my hands, fingers, and arm feeling numb, tingly, and like a needle *****ing me. Take Care!

Cindy

Old 08-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

thanks, yes im having adrenals tested this week ! but i didnt know they were connected to theese viruses ? i have been on those sites before and my cortisone bloods came bac abnormal, take care and thanks for your replys , over and out love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 08-02-2006, 05:10 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

i'm really confused now also. have an enlarged thyroid with multi-nodular cold cyst. thyroid uptake came back hypo. now all i'm reading about other levels and body parts have me really nuts. have had an adrenal cyst for 5 years that hasn't changed. creatinine level is high. cortisol level is normal. ANA is negative. i feel lousy. can't make it past 3:00 in the afternoon and that's after pushing myself all day. whole body hurts, heart palpitations that drive me nuts, constant sweating, trouble sleeping, lump in throat, trouble swallowing, hoarse voice, etc, etc, etc. i am in process of being evaluated by rheuatologist and don't see the endo for about 4 weeks. i just want to be able to get throught the day feeling half normal. can my thyroid be causing all of these symptoms or does anyone think not and maybe something else? thanks for any help that comes my way.

Old 08-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
(female)

rach33 HB User

Yes your thyroid can cause all of that, at least thats what Ive been told. I just found out that I in addition to all the other problems; have hashi toxicosis which means the flare ups I have when I get the flu symptoms and heart palps, and all the muscle pains and issues we all know and just love, are related to a flare up of the toxicosis. I have yet to find the healing answers for that. But some one mentioned the tingles in hands and arms, I dont want to push products, or offend anyone by mentioning them, but I use some over the counter icy hot type of pain patches, but they are terrific... They are called Solonpas its a japanese product and with out them I wouldnt be able to function. I have 4 of them on right now. I smell like an old foot ball player covered in flexal...
(I still dont know my results from the 24 hr urine cortisol test I mentioned-hopefully in a few days.)
It seems like when I have developed copeing skills for one aliment, another comes along and drags me down again. Or maybe Im just to sensative to all the crap my body is torturing me with. (when I was little my mother said that I was "The princess and the pea", and its true I feel every little thing.
I know every one has their limits w/hot and cold, but I use a heated rice pack or one of those athletic heat things you can buy at the Wal---. Heat really helps to a certain degree for the pain and tingles. I have more helpful hints on releving or copeing w/mild pain, if any one wants to know...
(phewww that was long

Old 08-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
(female)

rach33 HB User

ICC, I just had my 24 hr cortisol tested, and my creatinine level came back 90mg/dl; what was yours? I had my cortisol tested a bout 4 days after I had my first panic attack (I think it was some kind of crisis from adrenals) and it was 22.5 ("its the high side of normal"). So when the 24 hr came back w/the creatinine my cortisol then 2 weeks after was 16.9? I was told I was fine, I have issues w/the creatinine cuz I thought that was high? And it meant kidney probs. The Dr's seem to be blowing me off now, I have so many probs w/the hashi graves and so many additional ones that fit cushings....
Cant seem to get help from "Professionals"...

Closed Thread