It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

b&wcats HB User
suddenly tired again?

Hi!

OK, so after the great TSH news (down to 4.4) early last week, last Thursday night I got super tired again, you know, that incredible thyroid tiredness. My fingers got wrinkled and I got cold again. I checked my food - -I hadn't eaten anything different, and no dental work or other such thing. My doctor wanted me to go up a bit on my dose anyway so I am building to 18 mcg (I had to start at 6mcg time release in April and have been slowly slowly building up -- currently at 15 mcg). I am hopeful that will help -- my question is: Is it common to get this kind of crash and burn thing awhile into taking T4? I'm about to go nap -- something I haven't had to do for awhile, because I feel like I am about to fall over. I didn't miss this at all! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: suddenly tired again?

Yes, it's extremely common to have yoyo symptoms until your levels are optimal. Your TSH is still high. You have a ways to go yet. Hope you get there ASAP.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

b&wcats HB User

Thank you! I figured, but it is REALLY frustrating. Being tired again. Rapid heartrate too. Fun. I had blocked out how crappy I used to feel! I'll be up to 18 mcg tomorrow and hopefully that will help!
Thank you!

Old 07-31-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

hi b&w,
just had a huge crash aswell but they wont raise till the bloods are done again and it may not show any changes yet? i feel so flue like and shallow breathing but becomes rapid, i feel tired and down in the dumps and i have a fever, my last reading was 2.7 so i need more i take it???? is this a crash also??? i know how you feel , one day we may be well???? love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:wave :

Old 07-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
(female)

daisy01 HB User

its so frustrating to be feeling so well then the steamroller runs you over!!!
It makes you feel like you are taking 1 step forward then 3 back.

sending you my very best wishes and hope this is a shortlived crash xxxxxx
daisy

Old 07-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
(female)

b&wcats HB User

Hi Katpurs! I'm sorry to hear that you are crashing too! That sucks! Yucky. It sounds like a crash to me. The shallow breathing/ hard to breath/ rapid heartbeat/ muscle achy/ extreme tiredness, of course/ and so forth. Joy. I still can't temp regulate either. I get cold fast, and too hot fast. Very fun. Yuck. I hope that you get your results back, and that they'll let you go up if you need to. My doctor wants me to go up, I just have to do it very very slowly because my body can't deal with this stuff fast.
Oh I hope you feel better REALLY soon! And we will STAY feeling great! Please let me know how it is going!

Old 07-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
(female)

b&wcats HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy01
its so frustrating to be feeling so well then the steamroller runs you over!!!
It makes you feel like you are taking 1 step forward then 3 back.

sending you my very best wishes and hope this is a shortlived crash xxxxxx
daisy
EXACTLY!!!!! The steamroller effect! That is a perfect way of putting it, and it really does feel like three steps back. Like I was just starting to get my world going again and WHAM.
Thank you for making me laugh (I have a great steamroller image going) and for sharing. It SO helps to know that you aren't alone!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

yes thanks its feels good to feel better then the carpet gets pulled from under your feet! im going to go tom and see the doc and sort this out i hope you all get better also and we will keep each other posted i hope theese crashes arent always going to be a regular thing! cos of our hashis??? thanks for your support always cheers me up love from katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 12-10-2006, 08:14 AM   #9
(male)

d444 HB User

ive been feeling the exact same way lately, as far as i know my labs have been within normal range for over a year now but i still have bad weeks. ive been on synthroid .05 for the whole time and really dont want to increase unless its really nessisary. but i know this sucky feeling of always wanting to sleep.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #10
(female)

bookishmomma HB User

I am in the middle of a crash as well. I was feeling better for almost a month (but it was between blood tests so I have no idea what my blood levels were while I was feeling good). I feel like crying because I was so happy to be feeling like myself again. It's good to know that this is at least "par for the course" and I am not the only one this happens to. You all described exactly how I am feeling!

Closed Thread