It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
(female)

NOLA_gal HB User
Talking Hypo and Treated? How do you feel now??

I could really use some encouragement so I thought I'd ask, how are you all feeling now? Has being finally treated for your hypo made a difference? Are you feeling more nornal or have you traded one set of problems for another?

My TSH has always been in the bottom of the 'normal' range (4.2) Last year, I made an appointment with a local doctor who practices wholistically. It took a year to get the appointment. Well, in that time, Katrina hit, I spent many weeks elsewhere and my life turned upside down. Even so, I am still suffering with this incredible fatigue. A couple of weeks ago, I got the call...my appointment is for tomorrow!!!

I'm afraid of getting my hopes up but I really want to get past this fatigue...so please, tell me how much difference treatment has made in your life!

Sharon

Last edited by NOLA_gal; 08-01-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: Hypo and Treated? How do you feel now??

hiya sharon, I am sending you my best wishes for your appointment and really hope you get some answers xx
I was diagnosed with hypoT just over 1 yr ago, I took levothyroxine for 6-7 months but didnt do well on it. My blood tests were perfect but I still had symptoms that were affecting my life.

I am now on 2 grains of Armour a day and feeling great, totally symptom free. My kids have got their mum back, boss has got a worker who actually does what she is paid to do, and I have gotten my old self back!!!

Thyroid meds dont work overnight they take on average 6-8 weeks to reach optimal levels so please try to be patient with yourself. Your body has got to get used to functioning normally again as well as healing itself.

keep posting we are all here for you
daisy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
(female)

NOLA_gal HB User

Thanks Daisy01,

I had the appointment this afternoon. SHe spent an hour and a half going over my medical history, life history, nutritional and exercise habits etc. I had a copy of the bloodwork I had done right before the storm which showed my TSH at 4.19 (range .05-5.5). She explained how this range would likely change soon and said she would treat me for this to get it into a better range.

She seems to think that my adrenals are shot so I have to go back tomorrow morning for some fasting bloodwork. At that point, she will have her nurse teach me how to give myself b-12 shots, give me a prescription for thyroid meds (hopefully Armour) and a list of supplements etc.

I am so psyched!! Finally a real MD who doesn't feel the need to wait until I develop cancer or have a heart attack before helping me!

I'll be around on the boards for a while and keep you updated on my progress!

Sharon

Old 08-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #4
(female)

daisy01 HB User

glad to hear your appt went so well, your adrenals will need to be sorted before you take your thyroid meds, esp Armour. it sounds like you have landed lucky to find a Dr who knows about thyroids.
take care
daisy xx

Closed Thread