It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Omg!!!!!!

why do dr.s not listen to patients sometimes? my pcp usually does but i'm not sure what's happening now. have so many symptoms of thyroid disorder. foggy head, fatigue, weight gain, shakiness, sweating, trouble sleeping and a just all over lousy feeling. accidentally through another test they found a cyst on my thryoid. at that time i all of a sudden had a hard time swallowing. when i laid down at night it got worse, felt like i was choking. the heart palpitaions started at that point and a hard time breathing at times. final dx on thyroid is it's enlarged with a multi-nodular cold cyst and the uptake showed a hypo thyroid. blood results are ok. so more tests were ordered because no one seems to think this enlarged thyroid is giving me the swallowing problems. had a barium swallow done. perfect esaphogus. don't even have reflux though i have been treated for it for years. don't see the endo until late august. i wonder if she'll believe this thyroid thing is choking me since everthing else has been outruled. am i crazy or do i have the symptoms of a thyroid that's out of whack?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
Re: Omg!!!!!!

Hi, Yes you do have the symptoms, and I am hoping that you get good treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

daisy01 HB User

heya hun,
your only as crazy as the rest of us are, until we get the proper diagnosis and medication. You really are in good company here

i really hope you get some answers and feel better soon xxx
daisy

Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Welcome to Thyroid world. Where most doctors don't listen to us...the patients, or they tell us to sit and wait and I am not good at that...LOL. I hope you get treatment soon and you start feeling better.

Cindy

Old 08-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thanks girls!!!!! sometimes i think i'm losing it. it's so clear in all test results and yet they think it's nothing to feel like this for months if not years. i can't even get through a day without a nap anymore. the palpitations and sweating are the worse. getting used to the memory lapses. sometimes they're a good thing. blamed all this on menopause for a year. Here's hoping and praying that we all get the help we need. i expect to see the endo and have her want more test before she makes a decsion on treatment. so that'll be a couple of more mos. UGH!!!! it's so frustrating.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

i cannot believe i had to wait 2 months to get an appt. with the endo and they just called and cancelled it until sept. that's another 3 weeks or so past when it should have been. i don't think i can take much more of the choking, hard swallowing feeling awful. i am going to call pcp tomorrow and see if he can recommend someone else. can a rheum. help with the thyroid? i see him on august 21st. at least that's only 2 more weeks.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

Is this your first appointment with the rheum and for what symptoms are you going to him? The reason I ask, many of the symptoms that would send you to rheum are just thyroid symptoms. My family doc wanted to send me to rheum and endo and I decided to get my thyroid straightened out first, otherwise the rheum might just treat your symptoms of thyroid problems and put you through a lot of unnecessary tests only to find it is just your thyroid.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

SHMILY---------thanks for responding. I started seeing a rheumi in feb. have arthritic hands with lots of nodules on knuckles. became so painful that pcp sent me to rheumi. have only seen him twice, third visit is august 21st. he questions my thyroid evertime i go but my blood work always comes out fine. he isn't aware of the results of thyroid yet. feels i have all trigger points for fibro but wanted to outrule RA and lupus. i am so confused becasue everything involved mimicks something else and i am getting no answers or treatment for anything. from what i have read everything i suffer from points to the thyroid. to answer your first question, yes this is first trip to endo. in the meantime i injured neck, shoulder, back, knee and ankle at work so that doesn't help. have to start PT on tuesday and can't even get through a day without dropping somewhere and napping. need help , treatment of some sort fast. am at my wits end with this and don't know what to do at this point. my pcp wasn't worried about me waiting 6 weeks to see the endo but now i don't know what he'll say. he doesn't seem to want to treat it, he wants the endo involved now. my ENT is also involved. all these dr.s and no treatment. does it make any sense?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

Hi ICC ~

While my enlarged thyroid was on "watch" statis, one thing Endo told me to look for was change in voice & difficulty swallowing. Maybe you could call Endo weekly, to see if they've have any cancellations?

Have they done an Ultra sound or some sort of scan on your thyroid? (when my u/s came back with HOT nodules, I was sent for nuclear scan for further investigation & that was ALL my primecare-Dr's doing) I hope you get some answers soon. take GOOD care,

Sue

Old 08-04-2006, 07:08 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

good morning sudufu i had an ultrasound of carotid arteries done and that's the first time they picked up the cyst on my thyroid. then had a thyroid ultrasound and that showed enlarged thyroid with multi-nodular cyst. then had a nuclear scan and that showed 1 multi-nodular "cold" cyst. that's when my pcp told me he wanted me to see an endo. the endo doesn't have any test reslts yet or even know who i am. both partners decided to go away at the same time with a full book of appt. i think it's time to find a new endo. since i am also diabetic (diet controlled) i am really confused about what causes what. for the past 7-10 days i have had these horrible heart palpitaions, shaking, dizzy, irritable, exhausted. the swating is horrible and seems to be directly related to eating. everyone in the house is freezing and i'm soaked. took my sugar when it starts for the last couple of days. usually normal until yesterday. it was 186 before dinner and 97 an hour after.i never ride above 140 after eating so i don't know if the thyroid problem can cuase havoc with the diabetes. have a pcp appt this morning and have a whole list of symptoms and questions including if he can recommend another endo. herre's hoping . i love my pcp so hopefully he'll understand how bad i feel and not put some treatment off too much longer. i am on the cancellation list with the endo. when i first called for an appt. she offered me the 31st with the dr. i wanted to see and the 30th with her partner. yesterday she said there was no chance of seeing her partner since she is going away on the 7th for 4 weeks. well how could she have given me an appt on the 30th in the first place? UGH!!! i just don't like game playing. don't think everyone has to drop everything for me but this is ridiculous. endo's seem to be the hardest to see. alot of waiting and they don't seem to care. thanks for letting me vent as i am so annoyed and uncomfortable that the irritation is really starting to show.

Closed Thread