It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

CanoeKeji HB User
Question-Mouth numbness & papillary cancer

Has anyone else diagnosed with Pap. cancer experienced any mouth/lip numbness? I hadn't any diagnosis of thyroid issues until the cancer diagnosis 3 weeks ago & I now seem to also have cold spots/numbness in my mouth/lips.

Perhaps it is merely a coincidence that this happened at the same time & I guess it could be a tooth issue but I thought I would ask the question. Also- if I have cancer, could I also be hyper/hypo thyroid? My GP just gave me the diagnosis and a reference to a surgeon but didn't say if there was anything to do before the end of Aug. when hopefully everyone concerned will be back from vacation.

As always- all responses are appreciated.

Gail

Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Question-Mouth numbness & papillary cancer

Sorry for the diagnosis----you haven't seen an endo or a surgeon yet?

The only symptom I had from pap. cancer was some pain in my neck where the nodule was. My bloodwork was normal, and I had no thyroid disease or symptoms. But that doesn't mean that's how you will feel/be. You could have thyroid disease or not....

This is a slow growing cancer, so there's plenty of time in terms of your surgery, and there's no need to worry about being hyper or hypo unless you are uncomfortable, because your thyroid will be removed and you will be starting from scratch in terms of medication.

Good luck, and let us know what the surgeon says, and make sure the surgeon has great experience and credentials in terms of thyroid and thyroid cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread