It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

kwebster HB User
Rozzi - how are you!

Rozzi!
How's it coming along! Is it still hot in jolly ole England? Good grief, we hit 101 yesterday in the DC metro area. Needless to say, I was inside! How is your ankle? Most of all, how are you doing with your meds and spirits.
Talk to you soon!
Kathy

Old 08-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User
Re: Rozzi - how are you!

Hi Kathy
I am managing to get about a bit. I have been on no Thyroxine whatsoever since 22/7 and I am still slightly hyperthyroid. I am waiting for the test to happen to confirm where the active thyroid tissue is lurking. Its called am ectopic thyroid!! I thought I was going insane!! Its in the 90,s here and green grass is a memory as London is on a drought order for the first time since 1976. How are you doing? Are you still having problems with your meds? Are you managing to sleep with the heat? What of your treatment has it started yet. Tell me all Rozzi

Last edited by rozzihippychick; 08-06-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
(female)

kwebster HB User

Rozzi:
You sound better. Are you waiting on having the thyroid uptake test so they can see where the thyroid tissue is lurking? Just curious.

I just finished up with my PET scan and uptake test. I had to go Thursday to take a small dose of radioactive capsules and then go on Friday to get the scans done. It determines where thyroid cells remain in your body so they know how much radioactive iodine to give me. It doesn't tell me if the cells are cancerous or benign - just if they are present. They have me scheduled to go into the hospital on Wednesday and get released on Friday or Saturday. I have to have the treatment in the hospital because of the high dose I anticipate receiving. My doctor will probably give me a ring tomorrow just to confirm everything. In the back of my mind I am still waiting for more bad news.

Currently, I am definately hypothyroid (levels are 114 and increasing I'm sure). I quite sluggish now but can manage to do things with the children in spurts - achy, etc. I will be able to start on meds as soon as I am discharged. Speaking of being released. I am planning on going to a hotel since I don't want to be around the kids and family with me potentially being a radioactive risk.

The low iodine diet is working out OK. Hope those tyroid cells suck up the stuff. My calcium levels are still a little low but not as bad. I can take the tingling for now.

We have air conditioner everywhere over here so I have managed to stay cool and comfortable - but have to admit that the heat has bothered me this summer. I will try and write one last time before I go in and let everyone know how I am.

Take care!

Kathy

Old 08-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

rozzihippychick HB User

Kathy
The best of luck to you. Its natural to fear the worst when you have been through so much but come what may you shall win through. I see my surgeon tomorrow so maybe the hunt begins for me too. Got an abscess on the incision also. Heck you and I are getting our share eh! We will come good. I hope you have plenty to read for your hotel stops and pamper yourself. Reflexology has been helpful for my calcium and she said I had a throat infection before anyone found it or I realised spooky. You are in my thoughts keep positive and keep in touch Rozzi

Closed Thread