You sound better. Are you waiting on having the thyroid uptake test so they can see where the thyroid tissue is lurking? Just curious.
I just finished up with my PET scan and uptake test. I had to go Thursday to take a small dose of radioactive capsules and then go on Friday to get the scans done. It determines where thyroid cells remain in your body so they know how much radioactive iodine to give me. It doesn't tell me if the cells are cancerous or benign - just if they are present. They have me scheduled to go into the hospital on Wednesday and get released on Friday or Saturday. I have to have the treatment in the hospital because of the high dose I anticipate receiving. My doctor will probably give me a ring tomorrow just to confirm everything. In the back of my mind I am still waiting for more bad news.
Currently, I am definately hypothyroid (levels are 114 and increasing I'm sure). I quite sluggish now but can manage to do things with the children in spurts - achy, etc. I will be able to start on meds as soon as I am discharged. Speaking of being released. I am planning on going to a hotel since I don't want to be around the kids and family with me potentially being a radioactive risk.
The low iodine diet is working out OK. Hope those tyroid cells suck up the stuff. My calcium levels are still a little low but not as bad. I can take the tingling for now.
We have air conditioner everywhere over here so I have managed to stay cool and comfortable - but have to admit that the heat has bothered me this summer. I will try and write one last time before I go in and let everyone know how I am.