It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User
Bad, Bad, Bad Doctors

I called my endo office and talk to a nurse (well she said she is a nurse) and told her about my hands being numb and wanted to do lab work before my next appointment. She calls back and says can do the lab work before the appointment, but that has nothing to do with my thyroid. I have a 1.25 cm nodule, tsh in June was a .21 and tsh in July is a .36 out of .40-4.0. I had fna done back in June and it came back as Hahsimoto's Thyroiditis and said something about lymphotic and hurtle cell lesion's. He said it is benign, but who knows. I don't think I am dreaming this stuff up or making it up....it is in black and white that something is wrong. I am going doctor shopping....they have more endo's in this clinic and if nothing then going to waco. Hopefully next year they will have a scott and white in austin then I will drive to austin. I want to get treated...start feeling better. I know it takes a while and to be patient, but my endo does not want to do anything. Bunch of lazy ****** ****** beep beep beep!

Sorry, I have to vent and I am fed up with incomptent wannabe reject doctors!!! They must have scored the lowest on whatever test they have to take to be doctors and they are all at the clinics that I go to!!!!

A very upset thyroid patient,

Cindy

Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: Bad, Bad, Bad Doctors

awww cindy, I am sending you some big (((hugs)))

maybe its my suspicious nature but I often wonder if some doctors leave us without any medication for a long time, so they have to prescribe other stuff like statins, heart drugs etc. I think they may get an 'incentive' to do this from the drug companies. I dont think the docs are incompetent, Just downright greedy!!!!
My doctor knew about my hypoT when my pre op blood test results came back 4 yrs ago. He only let me in on the secret last year though!!!
I had more psychiatric problems than physical ones and have totally destroyed my family.

sending you my very best
daisy xxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 04:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

love my pcp BUT i think he is dragging his feet on this thyroid issue. on 6/30 was dx with an enlarged thyroid with a multi-nodular cold cyst. uptake said thyroid is hypo. blood work is normal. am having really bad palpitations that are driving me nuts so i went to see him yesterday. made it clear the endo he recommended God know when i'll see. made an appt, on 6/30 for august 31st which i think is a disgrace. the office called the other day to cancel it to sept 15th. asked pcp to recommend someone else. he gave me 3 names. first 2 are "booking" in october and the third one asked me to fx all my test results over and the dr. will read them and if she thinks i need to be seen immediately will fit me in. asked if i was on thyroid meds and when i told her no was shocked. instead my pcp put me on a beta blocker for the palpitations. i am afraid to even take this after i read the side effects and dangers. pcp admitted that endo's are the hardest dr. to get an appt. with. why is that when we all feel so horrible? i don't get it. aren't they in a profession to help people?

Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hello!

Lab Results: 1/06
TSH .56 (.40-4.0)
Thyroxine Total 12.7 (5.0-10.8)

3/06
TSH .58 (.40-4.0)
Thyroxine Total 15.7 (5.0-10.8)
T3 Resin Uptake 23 (27-39)
T3 Total 1.84 (.60-1.81)
FTI 3.6 (1.4-4.2)

6/06
TSH .21 (.40-4.0)
Thyroxine Total 17.2 (5.0-10.8)
T3 Resin uptake 27 (27-39)
FTI 4.6 (1.4-4.2)

FNA: 1.25 cm nodule

Thyroid, right lobe, USG FNA: hurthle cell lesion-see comment.

Comment: Few lymphoid cells noted, suggesting lymphocytic
(hashimoto's) thyroiditis. Clinical correlation recommend.

My endo told me on Friday that this has nothing to do with my
thyroid. Do I need more proof. I am doctor shopping tomorrow. I
had let this nurse know about my hands and feet feeling numb and she
said to go back to pc doc and that it could be nerve damage or back
spasm.

What do you all think? What do I really have? I would appreciate
any help.

Cindy

Last edited by moderator2; 08-07-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

Hi rockylucy I just wanted to tell you that in my case and many others on this board the numbing is definately a symptom of being Hypo, I have the same problem, the numbing is my indication that i am on too little thyorid meds...but YES doctors especially endos are the worst they think none of our symptoms are related to our thyroid, its a mess I myself am struggling to so your not alone.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

Hi Daisy!

Thanks so much for the hugs. {{{Hugs}}} back atcha. I agree that docs can be greedy. I wish they were just more open minded.

Hi ICC!

I think they just want to get a pay check, or they have been a doc so long that they just don't care anymore. I think we need a doctor for the doctor...lol. Hopefully this will get better for us.

Hi Jenny!

I am not taking any thyroid meds. I really don't want to be on them at all. I rather that my thyroid function normally and life can go on.

I have contacted patient relations and she got me on a cancellation list with another endo. So if someone cancels they will call me. I also called health plan and changed pcp since the one I had is not open minded.

Thank you for answering my post and the responses do help. I just want to feel better. I am struggling at work and I am afraid I may lose my job or position especially if I go on disability. I haven't told the two upper managers what is going on and i made a mistake at work that i usually don't and he asked me what was going on and I changed the subject. I have never felt so tired in my life until this year. I want to sleep so much (12-15 hours), I am either so cold or so hot that I am sweating bullets (running down my face and my neck), I sleep with two comforters when so cold and then kick them off when I am so hot, my muscle,joints hurt/numbing/poking on the finger tips. I am so forgetful...I need a list for the list and to tape it to my forehead, but then I would forget to look in the mirror for the list..lol. I have the brain fog....I will stand somewhere and stare in to space and be like what am I doing. I thought we all might need some thyroid humor....at my expense of course...lol. Thanks everyone for listening!

Cindy

Closed Thread