It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

appleofearth HB User
started Armour today...

and so far I'm just feeling a bit spaced out and dizzy, same as when I increased my T4.. will keep you posted Nice boyfriend is bringing me cold drinks and being sympathetic, it could be worse

Old 08-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

NOLA_gal HB User
Re: started Armour today...

I'm sorry you're feeling spaced out! Do you think it will settle down after a few days?

I just started Armour on Thursday. I'm taking 1 grain in the am and another 1 grain late afternoon. So far I feel really good on it. Is that possible? This is the first time my thyroid has been treated. Several years ago I was on 50 mcg of Synthroid to boost my antidepressant but I didn't notice much effect from that.

I wonder why everyone responds so differently to these meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

daisy01 HB User

fingers crossed that all goes ok for you. Remember to multi dose rather than take the whole pill in one go it seems to work better that way.
have a great weekend
daisy xxx

Old 08-06-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
(female)

appleofearth HB User

hey hey,

feeling pretty good today... it occurred to me, I was feeling spaced out and weird at around 5, just before I took my second tablet - maybe it was a reaction to the T3 wearing off? I was fine in the morning and the evening...

At the moment I'm taking 50mcg T4 and 1/2 a grain in the morning, then another 1/2 grain at around 5. I was a bit worried that it seemed like an increase from my 75mcgs I was on before but I've been keeping an eye on my pulserate and stuff and it's still slow and steady, hooray!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #5
(female)

appleofearth HB User

update for yas:

Today I'm feeling pretty good, didn't go dizzy yesterday afternoon so maybe it was just while my levels wobbled a bit. Wondering if I might be better off on a grain and a half of Armour rather than 1 grain Armour and 50mcg T4.

My stomach is feeling good for the first time in ages - although I am on a diet that is designed to eliminate food intolerances so it might be that that's helping. who knows I'll find out when I reintroduce wheat and stuff at the end of the month

Becky

Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
(female)

daisy01 HB User

I used to have chronic diarreah even had a colonoscopy and endoscopy to see if any thing was wrong but it cleared up overnight on Armour.

Hope you are feeling good hun, take care
daisy xxxx

Old 05-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #7
(male)

wdiguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy01 View Post
I used to have chronic diarreah even had a colonoscopy and endoscopy to see if any thing was wrong but it cleared up overnight on Armour.

Hope you are feeling good hun, take care
daisy xxxx
I had the same exact thing and it has cleared up since I went on armour.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
(female)

appleofearth HB User

whoops!
didn't see that one, I was busy creating huge veg patches in the garden and generally being a busy person about the house - does that answer your question? my quality of life has improved SO much, I'm still fighting a battle but I think I might actually win it one day.

One thing - When I started out Armour made me go a bit hyper, I had to cut back and build my dose up gently and all was fine... I think all that lovely T3 was a bit of a shock to the system!

Closed Thread