It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

rw82 HB User
My first Endo appointment is in the mornig

After a big headache I finally got my lab results faxed to me and the doctor I am going to see. They had a cancellation so I am able to get on in thank goodness.

I was going to post my labs but I decided to see what the doctor has to say.

After reading posts here I have to admit I am pretty nervous. I think I have every symptom I have read about now. I am really scared about the eye thing. Then I feel bad about feeling that way because so many others have had to handle this.

It's just kind of hard to think that I have something. I have been pretty healthy my whole life. I just hope that whatever it is that I can be as strong as you guys here.

I'll post how it goes.

Thanks everyone,
Anna

Old 08-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lookin4aclue HB User
Re: My first Endo appointment is in the mornig

This might help you out, as I know you think it might be Graves. If your doctor didn't have a lab test that says TSI or TPO then you will have to wait to see the Endo to actually find out. Those are the antibodies that are Graves related. The TSH will be very low if hyperthyroid. Some people have a hard time converting T4 to T3, so T3 might also be low. I hope that your doctor visit goes well. Ya know don't be scared about the eye thing. Some people get it with Graves and some don't. I have it pretty bad, and I am living with it. You get what you get with Graves, and there is nothing that can change it if you have RAI, so please when speaking to the Endo, if he pushes the RAI(or some doctors call it I-131)please before making a choice about it do some research, don't jump into that eyes closed, or believe everything you hear from the doctor, till you have done some research.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

Hi Anna, my suggestion would be to make a list of everything you want to ask about. make 2 copies, one for you and one for the dr. Make sure each of your questions is answered to your satisfaction before going to the next and don't let the dr. make light of anything you ask. Another thing to keep in mind is that this is new to you and new things DO scare us. Once you have the info you need and the options have been expalined give yourself some time to adjust/absorb to the news before making your decison on what to do. You dont want to rush into anything. let us know what you find out..take care...phyllis

Old 08-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
(female)

rw82 HB User

okay, I think it well but now I am second guessing it, guess you know by now I'm a worrier

The doctor and nurses were very nice. I used this doctor because my regular doctor recommended him and I trust him.

We talked about my symptoms then he checked my neck ( no swelling ) did the reflex thing and looked at my eyes because I'm worried, some swelling above my right eye but he said nothing to worry about, don't know how he would know that yet. Before I left he said we will do the tests and get you on some medication.

I didn't ask about the other lab work because he is doing his own. I'm really not sure which blood test he is doing, I know the T4 was one. I am also having the uptake scan tomorrow, took the pills today. I was unsure about this but questioned the nurse and the lab person about exactly what this was and she explained what it would show tomorrow.

I have a follow up appoinment next Monday.

Now for my worrying - Is this moving a long too fast, does he already know something ?

Is it the norm to do the uptake scan ? Did ya'll have this ?

As far as the RAI treatment, I wouldn't have this unless I had no choice.

And your right "lookin", I have to accept what ever comes my way.

Phyl - my husband is going in at my visit Monday and I wil have lots of questions !!

After, all this I'll be going back to my regular doctor for the HBP and a consultation with him. The Endo is sending him the results.

Thanks Anna

Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

HI Anna...I don't think the dr. is moving to fast, the new labs and uptake and scan will give him a better idea of whats going. He sounds pretty through to me. I think you found a good one and between him and your family dr. you'll get good care. I had the scan the day i had the RAI, the hardest part of that was staying perfectly still while it was done.

take care...phyllis

Closed Thread