It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
(male)

bhawks1982 HB User
can hyperthyroid return

I am very scared and need some input i feel like i can die at any second. I suffer from anxiety disorder and thyroid problems. About 3 years ago i was really sick with racing heart panic attacks lossing weight no appetite all those things. I had my TSH checked and it was a 0.01 completley hyper. I had a bunch of other tests like the 24 hr. urine which was ok. I didnt have antibodies for graves but they were slightley positive for hashis. I do have an elevated ana, swollen lymph nodes and genital vitiligo. Well anyway my thyroid leveled out and was normal for the past few years. Then now i currently am having a racing heart at night with palpatations, im constantly nervous i can not even watch tv without pacing and i am constantly thinking im going to die. I have a Dr,'s appointment next monday and i dont think i will make it. I also have no appetite and a dry mouth that makes me drink water all day without relief, so now i think i have a rare disease or cancer.about a month ago my tsh was a .6. So anyways does anyone know if hyperthyroidism can come back and if so does it mean i have a life threatining disease? Please help

Old 08-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User
Thumbs up Re: can hyperthyroid return

Hey there.... please calm down, I know it's hard! I'm hyper too. If you have the antibodiy for hashi, I heard that can fluccuate (sp?) between hyper and hypo. Maybe when you were'nt hyper you went the other way, now you're hyper again. I'm sure you don't have cancer or anything like that! It's just a terrible feeling when your heart is racing and stuff. When I first had this, I thought I was going crazy! Try to do some DEEP breathing, think of a nice serene place, tell yourself everything's going to be fine, you're seeing the doc soon. I'm sure he'll have a solution for you after he does blood tests. Please hang in there. You'll be okay, at least when you're finally diagnosed right, they can HELP you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
(male)

bhawks1982 HB User
Re: can hyperthyroid return

thank you for your reply. if you know, when you are hyper can you lose your appetite and have dry mouth because of the anxiety?

Old 08-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User
Re: can hyperthyroid return

yes anxiety can make your mouth dry,you have no appetite because you're worried, probably. When I'm worried i CAN'T eat! But with this hyper, I'm ALWAYS hungry, cause my metabolism is too high, I eat more than usual, with no weight gain, gee, do I WANT to cure this?? hahaha! only kiddin', just hang in there. I've been like this since February, although then , I felt MUCH worse, not quite as bad now, Maybe I got used to it, I told my doctor! I start meds soon. I might feel NORMAL?? Oh my God, what's that? You'll be alright,just tell yourself, it's your thyroid, not YOU!!

Closed Thread