It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Unhappy 3 pounds every other day

by the time i seee the endo after waiting 3 months i will have gained about 40 pounds. so far since may i have gained 25 pounds. eat the same. a good diabetic diet. don't know what else to do. getting really depressed.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
(female)

TEEEB HB User
Re: 3 pounds every other day

ICC,
I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I don't have any words of wisdom to stop the weight gain. I can only tell you you aren't alone. It's horrible to feel so out of control of so many areas of your body/life at once. I too am putting on weight with no real reason. I've never been one to retain water, but now every morning its more and more difficult to get my wedding band on. Hang in there - hopefully the endo will be able help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sparkie HB User

ICC, I also can't offer words of wisdom but I certainly sympathize with you. Weight gain when you are doing all the right things SUCKS and seems so unfair. Here is what I don't get.....if, according to the Mayo Clinic, much of the weight gain from thyroid issues is from water weight (allegedly), why isn't a mild diuretic offered? Any input anyone?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
(female)

M-Rae HB User
Smile Re: 3 pounds every other day

Boy that sounds so familiar, I put on 90 pounds in 6 month, and yes it stinks sooooo bad. I'm not sure what to tell you other than if you get any good advice, please share the wealth!!!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
(female)

NOLA_gal HB User

I put on about 65 pounds over the last 7 years. I was too exhausted to exercise but still, I didn't eat so badly. I finally found a doctor to treat my thyroid and started Armour last week. Within 2 days I had lost 7 pounds of water weight!!

I have been feeling so much better already. I'm hoping things will continue in this direction. She gave me the Armour based on some labs I had done last year (TSH 4.1). I'm still waiting on the results of the labs she ordered. It's hard to imagine that 'subclinical' hypo could be this bad but the Armour is making a big difference already. Maybe soon I can start exercising and get the rest of the weight off!!

Sharon

Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

here, here eveyone!!!!!!!! sorry we are all in the same boat. it is so frustratin. i have all test results since early july and don't see the endo until sept 15th. have a cold nodule on enlarged thyroid and uptake showed it to be in the hypo area. pcp recommended 4 endos and this is the first appt i could get. made it the first week of july. i can't believe it takes this long, by the time i see the endo and she decides whether or not to do a FNA and things get rolling it will be xmas. i have bought larger clothes about 3 months ago and they are getting tight now. things i wore this time last year i can't even get in. things that were huge this tim elast year ar etight. i feel like a big piece of sausage stuffed in my own skin.LOL

Closed Thread