It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation So FRUSTRATED i am HYPO again*any ADVICE PLEASE?

Hi guys I am sooooo super frustrated I have hypithyroid/hashis and just when i thought i had figured out on my own the right dose of synthroid... i went Hypo again, i am either hypo or hyper... this is sooo super frustrating, I have seen the so called top docs and they arent much help at all, anyway my tsh is at 11 which isnt so bad and i was on 106mcg, I used to take a 50 mcg pill and split a 112 in half, i figured some 112mcg made me hyper and 11 made me hyper that 106 would be perfect.

but NOO i have to try again, now my current medical doc gave me 125 mcg, been on it for a week and am getting chest pains. palpitations, and shortness of breath which of course indicate to me symptoms of becoming hyper again, i already know them since I have been through this so many times, anyway i knew my thyroid was a bit off since the numbness on my hands and legs would wake me up, but i didn't think the doc shouldve given me 125mcg, since that dose always gets me hyper, the doc also deals with a compounding pharmacy and I wish i can come up with something between 106 and 125 that would work for me, at least that pharmacy can compound whatever strength he prescribes for me, so now the guessing game has begun, anyway let me know what you guys think, i definitely know most of us are in the same boat, but thanks for letting me vent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User
Re: So FRUSTRATED i am HYPO again*any ADVICE PLEASE?

Hi Jenny!

You might want to change meds as in trying T3/T4 combo either amour or cytomel (I believe that is the other one). Also, you may want to get your doc to do blood work for pituary and the adrenals. I hope this help. I am still learning about this thing called thyroid. I hope you feel better soon. Take Care!

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
(female)

appleofearth HB User

hello!

are the different strength tablets different brands? I can only tolerate the UK equivalent of Synthroid, all of the generics that I've tried give me palpitations and shortness of breath... sound familiar?

Don't know if that'll be any help at all or not, just thought I'd share my experience! ask to have your Free T3 tested, you might need some T3 adding to your dose.

Becky

Old 08-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
(female)

boata HB User

With a TSH of 11 you are still very hypo. Low ferritin (iron stores) can cause all of the problems you are having. Adrenal fatigue can also cause these problems.

Closed Thread