It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Misstish

hiya misstish, you have the right to get a second opinion, you need to see an endocrinologist and if your dr refuses or threatens to kick you off his register then you need to contact PALS (Patient Advisory Liason Service) You can get their number website addy from your phone book or from any NHS site (hospitals, Drs, dentists)

Armour is not a licensed drug in the UK but can be prescribed under the FP10. what area of the Uk do you live? (north south etc) In birmingham there is a Dr skinner who privately prescribes Armour but you still need a refferral from your GP. I just point blank refused to take the levo anymore and told them so, they knew i meant it and gave me the Armour to shut me up. The difference it has made to me is incredible, I am due for a review on 1st sept and think they will try to take me off it as my TSH is supressed now but I am not gonna go without a fight.
keep in touch misstish, I will help you all that I can

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

appleofearth HB User
Re: Misstish

Well said Daisy!

On thyroiduk.org if you join up (small fee) you can access a list of doctors that are willing to listen and are educated about thyroid disease, listed by location. You should be able to find one in your area on there

Becky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread