It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

appleofearth HB User
Armour advice

Hello all,

need a bit of advice here; I started on Armour last saturday and am feeling a bit spacey after taking my tablets, feeling a bit dizzy for a couple of hours after taking it, my stomach has been a bit tetchy with me today (had slight diarrhea) but has been feeling fantastic the past few days, also my pulserate has been slightly up - only 75 or so, it's normally about 65. I had a headache tuesday and today but not wednesday?

Is this normal or am I overdosed a bit? if i carry on regardless will it settle or should I call my doctor? The upset stomach and headache could be a coincidental virus although that would be quite a coincidence...

Before I was on 75mcg thyroxine. I'm now on 50mcg thyroxine and 1/2 grain armour in the morning and then another 1/2 armour in the afternoon.

anyone got any advice?

Becky

Old 08-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: Armour advice

hiya becky sounds like alot of T4 to me why not cut out the levo and see how you are on 1 grain of armour as a starter. you can increase that slowly then, I started on 1 grain and now on 2 a day and still feeling fine no palps, headaches or anything. Armour is alot easier to tweak than levo.
big hugs
daisy xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 05:22 AM   #3
(female)

appleofearth HB User

meh.

I decided that as I was feeling weird for several hours after taking my Armour and then it was wearing off that it was the T3 that was affecting me, called my doctor to let her know and have cut down to half a 1/2 grain tablet morning and afternoon with 50mcg T4 in the morning and am feeling ok. I'll hopefully stick to this for 2 weeks and then try going back up to 1/2 a grain morning and 1/2 gain in the afternoon.

On the stop the thyroid madness site someone suggested to me that it might be low adrenals as that often makes you unable to tolerate armour, did a test of shining a torch accross my eye and watching the pupil - rather than staying constricted it dilates and constricts and dilates and constricts etc etc which is one of the signs of adrenal fatigue, am going to look into getting the old adrenals tested this week

Becky

Old 08-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User

Becky,

Not sure if this applies, but I have trouble taking ALL T meds first thing in the a.m. on an empty stomach. I get totally spacey for the whole day. My Mom is the same way & told me it's a blood sugar thing (for us, anyway). We take our T meds mid-morning after having had a good breakfast several hrs. earlier. Works for us!

Also, with the T3 headaches -- I've found that increasing slowly reduced these. But I take T3 +T4, not Armour.

Best wishes.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
(female)

M-Rae HB User

Ok, this question is prob gonna sound crazy, but do I continue to take my Synthroid with the Armour? I have never heard of Armour until I hit this site, and I am willing to try anything at this point. After feeling like you done flipped your lid and putting on 90 pounds, who wouldn't!! lol

Old 08-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #6
(female)

appleofearth HB User

Thanks for the input Elmhar! I'm taking my tablets chopped in half at the moment and am feeling fine. I will be going back to 1/2 grain morning and afternoon in a week or so, if I go spacey again I'll definitely try leaving it until after I've eaten, thanks for the advice!

Becky

Old 08-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #7
(female)

appleofearth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Rae
Ok, this question is prob gonna sound crazy, but do I continue to take my Synthroid with the Armour? I have never heard of Armour until I hit this site, and I am willing to try anything at this point. After feeling like you done flipped your lid and putting on 90 pounds, who wouldn't!! lol
Hi M-Rae!

I'd say do whatever your doctor recommends, when I was prescribed Armour I was given the option of swapping over completely or staying with 50mcg thyroxine and a smaller dose of Armour.

Becky

Closed Thread