It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Thyroid and Endoscopy!!!

I am having a Endoscopy next Thursday, has anyone with an Underactive Thyroid hashi's, had one before. I was thinking that the sedation might turn against me, because I have autoimmune, I am scared I will have a reaction. Also I am scared beacuse I have pulpitations. Could this affect it. (Ok it could affect my nerves he he)

Anyone else out there?

Thanks a lot - Hope everyone is ok, supose you havent heard from me in a while. Mandy xxx

Old 08-11-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Thyroid and Endoscopy!!!

bumping up....... Anyone who can tell me if there have had this done ?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
(female)

daisy01 HB User

hiya mandy, I was scared of my endoscopy due to my goitre, I was convinced that I would choke to death with the tube down my throat.
I also have hashi's by the way.
the waiting to go in was far worse than the procedure itself. They put a venflo into my hand just in case anything went wrong but the sedation went into a vein in my hand. The nurse spoke to me softly as I drifted off I remeber being slightly awake as I could hear them talking to me but I felt warm and cosy and so very relaxed but i remember nothing about the endoscopy itself.
I was having a colonoscopy at the same time and remember waking for a short time and watching the screen until they told me to go back to sleep which I did.
Then I remeber being wheeled into a ward and 10 mins later had a drink of water then I got dressed and they gave me a sandwich and a milky coffee. I went home about half an hour later and even went to work the next day. I had a few twinges in my tummy but not pain I am not sure if it was wind or from the biopsies or a combination of both but it was fine.
I really hope this puts your mind at rest
big hugz daisy xxxxx

Old 08-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

didn't have the endoscopy yet but had the colonoscopy. have an enlarged thyroid with cold cyst not being treated yet. i had no reaction to the anethesia. came out of it feeling great. i'm more worried since i am having swallowing problems having the endoscopy before the thyroid is shrunk or whatever they do to it. esophagram came out fine and ENT has been down my throat 3 times in the past month so i believe it is my thyroid causing this swallowing, choking problem.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Thanks for your replys ,The doctor said for me not to think this test will have all the clues and that I may need a CT scan , I just would like to know after all this time and pain what is going on !!!
God Bless ...Mandy

Old 08-13-2006, 03:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

MANDY HI MATEY, KAT HERE,
hope yore ok today boring sundays hey!!!! lol
i havent heard of this procedere and i hope i dont have to have it done only cos the docs cant get any blood out of my hands and arms yuk!!! i think its a good thing that they sedate you though whats the ct scan is it the tunnel ? i think the tunnel sounds ok if its the same one carlie and dannie had! i have to go for a scan on my old thyroid in sept i thought it was going to be a normal ultrasound ???? or do i have to have swallow tests also lol lots of love from your mate kat, yes mandy its good to b bac you havent been on the boards for a while at one time you dominated them lol katpursxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx remember try to get through them tests till tere arnt any more . Are you still having the old pipe lol xxxxxxxxxx you know wat i mean mand ill tell you one thing i promise you will forget the old pipe really quick lol its a good job you cant hit me on line lol lol lol
good luck mandxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pursie; 08-13-2006 at 03:25 AM.

Closed Thread