It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

OraEtLabora HB User
Hard Lump inside tongue

These past few months, I've noticed a painful lump appear inside my tongue. It would then disappear, as though something was plugged up or clogged. Sounds weird, but that is exactly what it feels like - I am sure there are salivary ducts under the tongue, so is it possible that one became clogged temporarily?

The last 3 days, the lump appeared but remains there. It is painful to press on it. If you look at my tongue, you can see a slightly blue/purple spot on the surface of my tongue where the lump is. I understand that some people can get calcium stones in the salivary ducts where they cause swellings, but I don't know if this is one of those. I have a nodule, Hashi's, and I believe the thyroid is very inflammed and the nodule is growing - so am wondering if it is related. My entire neck is sore and I have lots of pain in my jaws and ears.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I am having a TT in one week, and I wonder if I should go see the surgeon about this lump in my tongue - in case it is a stone and he has to surgically remove it. I'd rather kill two birds with one stone, pun intended!

Thanks ladies and gents - you are all the best.

Love and Prayer,

Ora

Old 08-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Re: Hard Lump inside tongue

Hiya ora, just wondered if you had checked out the sjogrens board, another little gem from the auto immune gift package apparently.
Before my diagnosis last year ( hashi's) I used to get purple like bruises on the tip of my tongue that were sometimes sore but it has gone now.
Really hoping you get sorted out soon lovey xxxx

hugs to you
daisy xxxx

Last edited by daisy01; 08-13-2006 at 10:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

OraEtLabora HB User

daisy01 - you are SO sweet! I will check the sjogren's board (didn't realize there was one!). About 13 year ago, I was told by an immunologist at the Cleveland Clinic that I had sjogren's - he based that dx on my symptoms and a filter paper test. But, years later, another doc tested antibodies that are supposed to be positive if you have sjogrens, and they were negative. So, I don't know if I have it or not. I've often wondered if the dry eyes and mouth are from the hypothyroidism....

Called the surgeon's office today to see if I could get in to see him before my surgery on the 21st. He's "out of the office" all week! They told me to tell him about it the morning of the surgery! Sheesh! Like he's really going to deal with it then....

I hate having to deal with docs and etc. all the time - after 17 years, I am very tired of it.

Thanks again, daisy01. You are so kind. I will keep you posted.

Love and Prayers,

Ora

Last edited by OraEtLabora; 08-14-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
(female)

daisy01 HB User

they may be able to tell you exactly what the lump is though Ora as they probably will have a look at it whilst you are in surgery.

Ora, I feel very sure that the 21st will be the first day of a whole new, painfree, healthy life for you.
best wishes xxx
daisy

Closed Thread