It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

sconceaboc HB User
Question weird symptoms (bad memory loss in 31 year old)

I had posted on the general health section & someone told me I should try the Thyroid disorders.................

I had given up when I had spent about 4-5 years telling my doctor that I have had memory loss (it started when I was about 26-27 yrs. old). They always said it was because I had 2 small kids & it was probably normal since we had so much going on. Down deep, I knew there was something more (& still do think that), but they are the doctors! I was raised that doctors know everything & they almost convinced me they were right.

At first (in 2001) he sent me for a CAT scan on my brain, everything was normal & one time he actually sent me for an EEG (because they thought I might be having small seizures, because my eyelids would flutter & I get these tingling sensations in the back of my head & it goes all the way down my spine, in a split second), it was normal too. I also have headaches usually in the same spot - on the base of my head in the back. I went to a Neurologist & he couldn't find anything wrong either, but I think he was a quack anyway!

After that he pretty much said everything seems normal & any other time I brought it up, he just kind of blew me off. Just beacuse the test are normal doesn't mean that these things aren't still happening.

Now, after all this time, I have noticed that not only is my memory awful, but now I am having "fuzziness" in my thinking & my judgement is not right (like pulling out in front of a car & realize I shouln't have done that until I'm out in the middle of the intersection. I have to actually MAKE MYSELF think straight & it is very hard! I can't even finish a sentence without having to stop & make myself get back on track with what I was saying. I am 31 years old & I have 2 small kids (ages 5 & 9). I have to figure out something soon, I don't want them thinking their mother is crazy.

I know there is something............but what??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lookin4aclue HB User
Re: weird symptoms (bad memory loss in 31 year old)

I'm not sure as to what we can help with here on the thyroid board but one of the symptoms of thyroid problem is that you have what they call brain fog. It does level you wishing you remembered where you parked your car just a few minutes earlier. As well as putting the diaper wipes in the fridge. Plus I know that I sometimes try to say something and it comes out all strange. Maybe you should check and see if you have any other symptoms of thyroid related illnesses. As most people don't really notice them until they are shown what they are.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hyperkim HB User
Re: weird symptoms (bad memory loss in 31 year old)

I agree with Lookin4aclue that you need to check out a symptoms list. You can find information on symptoms in the information archives at the top of the main page of this forum. Also I listed the symptoms I have had in my story - its in the "stories" thread also at the top of the main page (mine is on the "last page" of that thread).

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? If so what were they? We recommend the TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 blood tests for the best picture of what is really going on with your thyroid hormone levels.

Hyperkim
Fibromyalgia Dx 1/08
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Dx 1/08

Closed Thread