It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

June Tyson HB User
Thyroid Info:

I'm new to the Board, but would like to know if anyone has had results from Ultrasound that stated in the IMPRESSION: Bilateral thyroid nodules, one on each side, with left nodular larger than the right, measuring 3.3 cm. Both of these lesions contain some calcification, with the right sided calcification along the rim and the left-sided calcification smaller in size and within the central aspect of the lesion.

What does calcification mean? I'm waiting on results from my FNA.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Reece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB UserReece HB User
Re: Thyroid Info:

I know you're nervouse about your FNA results. But to be honest, other than size, an ultrasound doesn't give all that much info. on thyroid nodules.

I will say that 3.3 cm is on the large size. There have been pp. on this board who had that size, and even larger that were benign. There have also been many pp. on this board, if you search old posts, that had calcifications, and they were benign.

My FNA came out cancerous, which is really rare, and I had my thryoid removed, and now, 1.5 years later, I'm thank god, just fine.

Since your nodule is so large, you may have to face surgery...which is really not such a terrible surgery, but you might want to get something that big out to avoid worrying about it turning into something.

Let us know how everything turns out......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

June Tyson HB User
Re: Thyroid Info:

Thank you so much for your information. It sure calmed my nerves. I should be getting my results August 28th or 29th from my FNA. I'm so sorry yours was cancerous, but also glad you are doing so well after surgery a year or so ago. I told my daughter that I may whatever the results take surgery, but she is not totally sold on that idea. She said if it were benign that maybe they could shrink the nodules as they are slow growing as a rule, and due to my age (75) that may be a better option. Not that the surgery would be a worry to go through because I understand that its not that bad and at the present time not taking any medication, have no symptoms and I am very active, walking, biking and dancing an awfull lot. Also blood pressure very good for my age. So we'll see and again thanks, God Bless and I'll let you know.

Last edited by June Tyson; 08-26-2006 at 08:31 AM.

Closed Thread