It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

daisy01 HB User
hyper info anyone please please please

Hiya everyone, have hashi's hypoT and currently being allowed a trial of Armour at 1.5 grains. My last blood test showed my TSH at 0.4 so my pit is obviously very happy right now,and I feel great no palps or anything. here in the Uk they are not keen on Armour and will do anything to either get you off it and onto levo or not prescribe it full stop.

I have decided to keep an eye on my BP and pulse to see if I am now going into the realms of hyper in case I have to fight to keep on the Armour.
my BP is 117/61 and my pulse is usually between 90-92, I am 42 yrs old and weigh about 9 stone (130lbs)
To me this seems very slow and my BP is low esp as I smoke so i belive I have found the right dosage for me and would very much like to remain feeling this well
What would be an abnormal pulse rate and BP?
All info and advice would be very much appreciated
daisy xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by daisy01; 08-26-2006 at 01:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: hyper info anyone please please please

Hi Daisy... Glad you're feeling so well these days, and I hope it continues.

Normal heart rate for ages 10 through adults is 60 to 100 beats per minute. For well-trained athletes, it's 40 to 60 beats per minute.

Your BP is perfect. The "ideal" reading is anything below 120/80.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
(female)

daisy01 HB User

Thanks midwest, i really hope this well feeling continues, today i took my kids out and we walked for miles and miles, something I could not of done before taking Armour. My allergies have all but disappeared and my chronic diarreah has gone, I have lost weight but not excessively (although my new found bust has gone lol) Its good to know that my BP and pulse are within normal range though.

Its just that its so rare to get it on prescription here in the UK and I am one of the lucky ones and I am just worried the endo will go by the supressed TSH and deem me hyper and not look at my now symptom free life just to save money for the NHS.

My boss is coming to my appt with me and has written a testimonial about how much better I am just in case i need to prove anything.

How are you doing these days midwest? I hope you are well xxxx

Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
(female)

maxine @ 128 HB User
Unhappy Re: hyper info anyone please please please

Hi daisy Maybe you could help me. I also live in the UK and have been on levo thyroxin for almost two years. I am on 175mcg and at my wits end. I have gone from a healthy 9stone 6lb. to 12 stone and gaining all the time. I have heard about armour but no one of my doctors claim to know about it. I am desperate to feel normal again and at present am taking lots of supplements which I got from a nautropath however after three months as yet my weight has not changed. I would appreciate any hints or tips from anyone. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
(female)

daisy01 HB User

Hiya maxine,
Welcome to the board, the only real advice I can give you is to ask for a refferral to an endocrinologist and arm yourself with as much info as possible about Armour. there is some great info at the top of this board, which should help you get started.
i must of killed a forest with the stuff I printed off for my GP to read. you should also contact PALS (patient advisory Liason service) you can get their address from any NHS service, dr dentist etc......
Armour is unlicensed here in the UK but that doesnt mean unprescribable, it can be prescribed on a FP10. Most doctors are unaware of this.
You could also try quoting the patients charter we have the ' right of choice'
Hope this has helped you
best wishes
daisy xxxx

Closed Thread