It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
(male)

TheRockSal HB User
Excess Adrenaline, cortisol questoin

Hi,

I was a bit hyperthyroidic from meds last September and had to lower my meds a few levels lower than where they normally are to get out of being hyper.

Now though I have 4 weird symptoms I've never had before and my thyroid numbers look fine even though I should be hypo from lowering them so far.

My symptoms are:

1. Waking during REM sleep. All night...its like there is too much adrenaline in my system so I wake.
2. Horrible cold skin all over my body even when I'm hot and my office is hot. Vasoconstriction from too much adrenaline?
3. Terrible acne on my forehead. Started when all this other stuff started, never had acne my whole life...male, 43 yrs old.
4. Feeling of kind of a hyperness during the day which sometimes goes away when I work out but feels awful because I"m also fatigued at the same time.

So, my theory is my thyroid levels came down, my adrenals overcompensated, and now I'm a bit low on thyroid and a bit high on adrenaline causing all these issues.

Is this a viable theory? Is there a test to check adrenaline levels and not just cortisol blood levels?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sparkie HB User
Re: Excess Adrenaline, cortisol questoin

There is a 24-hour urine study to check overactive adrenals

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User
Re: Excess Adrenaline, cortisol questoin

hi im hypo and im being tested at the moment the endo thinks i have this adrenal issue also, but i hear its really inaccurate !!!! good luck to all of us i say on this one i feel more hyper and wonder is it that old adrenals playing up!!! my tsh is getting lower all the time it was 2 something now its 0. something so i dont know wats going on but the symptoms are like mine lots of love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Closed Thread