It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

3boyz4me HB User
Question Help! Thyroid warm & itchy...

what the heck is going on? My neck is flushed and it's warm, and itchy, like I am having an allergic reaction but I haven't been on any meds. I have multinod goiter/Hashi, but blood test come back "ok" so say the endo. Now this is going on and I'm going crazy. Does anyone have this? should I be worried? Can anybody give any insight? Thanks.
Dawn

Old 10-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Help! Thyroid warm & itchy...

You're not crazy. I have periods of severe neck itching, on the area overlying my thyroid gland. It started a full 2 years before I ever suspected a thyroid problem, and it continues to this day. My MD never had anyone report this to him before, but he's a wonderful MD who doesn't doubt it's for real. (Most MDs would, you know.) He practices homeopathic medicine and gave me a homeopathic med that works wonders when I have an itching spell.

I have a theory, but I have no idea whether it would hold up in court. I believe it might happen when the antibodies are in attack mode.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
(female)

3boyz4me HB User

thanks so much, it helps to know that I'm not alone, and your theory makes sense to me.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #4
(female)

happymedium HB User

Hi my blood was boarderline, so waiting for another one in December I also itch on my neck & come up blotchy as well. I have also noticed my skin itches all over at times this will go on for a couple of days. I think thats why Dr took the blood test. I feel unwell alot but I am not being treated yet. I am glad others have this strange itching too, I was starting to wonder what was going on

Old 11-01-2006, 02:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

I had that too...the warm, or hot feeling on front of my neck, (yeah, around the thyroid gland) with pins and needles feeling, sometimes an electric shock feeling...at times my neck would feel sweaty too. Like you too, happymedium, I had severe itching before I was diagnosed with the hypo. That itching about drove me out of my mind. They felt like bee stings, or pin *****s all over my body. No matter how much I'd scratch, it wouldn't relieve it. Sometimes, I'd have to take off my shoe and scratch an itch on my foot, that itched so bad it almost hurt.

Luckily, it all improved after a couple of months or so after starting meds.

Don't worry....it probably IS your thyroid gland. Oh, and funny midwest1 said that about antibodies, as later on, I thought the very same thing..that antibodies were just messin' with my thyroid gland....what else could it be?

Ciao..
Deda

Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
(female)

happymedium HB User

thanks at least I know why I have itched so much, just wonder what next blood results will say I have lots of things wrong, put this way normally have to watch my weight all the time not now eat all the wrong things do not gain weight. When you are itching all the time its no joke, really feel like I have fleas

Closed Thread