It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
(female)

eyes16 HB User
Going to an Endo/what to expect?

I had some bloodwork done and it came back that my thyroid was slightly elevated. I have an appt next week with an endocrinologist, what should I expect for the doctor to do? What all could an elevated thyroid do to me? I am 20 years old.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

nymi06 HB User
Re: Going to an Endo/what to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes16
I had some bloodwork done and it came back that my thyroid was slightly elevated. I have an appt next week with an endocrinologist, what should I expect for the doctor to do? What all could an elevated thyroid do to me? I am 20 years old.
Well let me start off by telling you my own experience with not one but two endocrinologists. I went from one to the other within one year. They were very unknowledgeable when it came to proper treatment of thyroid disease and they both kept me ill. This past October I had had enough and did not reschedule my appointment with this last endo and instead went to my primary care dr (i had for 9 years) I discussed a change in my thyroid medicine ( I have Hashimoto's disease, that's when antibodies are attacking & slowly destroying the thyroid gland) & he switched me from Synthroid (synthetic) to Armour(natural) and i am doing much better. I am done with endocrinologists. I hope your experience is a much better one, but don't count on it, i'm sorry to disappoint you. Most folks with thyroid disease receive better treatment from any dr other than endocrinologists. Most people have suffered from inproper treatment for many years before finally getting properly diagnosed & treated & start living normal lives again. Please don't fall victim to money-hungry dr's who are not going to listen to you and make their living collecting your money (and others) while keeping you sick. If they send you for unnecessary tests totally unrelated to your thyroid honey that's a RED FLAG. I hope i helped you. Best of luck with your appointment and i really hope it goes well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tygwyn HB User

At my first Endo appt he bascially asked for family history, symptoms, took new bloods and also (because I had a noticeable goiter) did an FNA (fine needle aspriation) there and then. After all the results came back I didnt return for another 12 months (because at the time I wasnt experiencing any symptoms). He did tell me to contact him in the mean time though if I experienced any problems.

HTH :-)

Rach xxxx

Last edited by moderator2; 01-05-2007 at 07:09 AM.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pursie HB User

tygwyn , he sounded oright mate mine were awfull a disscharge on the first visit of seeing both of them despite telling them i was very unwell and as it turned out i shouldnt have been on the thyroxine weel not for the time any way!!! love from katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx

Old 01-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

Pursie, how are you doing? Did you see new Dr.? yet.

Missy

Closed Thread