It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

Jamie2703 HB User
Hypo and twitching

I have this problem with my pinky finger on my right hand....it twitches when it wants to and stops just as quick as it starts. Could this be related to HypoT or something else? I'm starting to worry, I had an MRI in October for dizzyness and slurred speach, but was told everything was fine. When I saw the Doc who scheduled the MRI my finger was twitching, but she didn't say anything about it when I pointed it out to her. I was in a car accident in 2000 and after we were hit all of my fingers on my right hand started twitching, but stopped a few minutes after the accident ( I hit my head on the left back side). Four months later, everytime I got nervous about something it would twitch. For years it didn't happen anymore until about a year ago, it would be maybe once a month, then once a week, now for the past 2 weeks it's everyday several times a day, and it's worrying me. It even wakes me up at night when it starts twitching. I can't control my pinky finger when it twitches and I can feel it in my hand and forearm. My finger is also feeling a little weak and so does some of my forearm. Sometime I feel like my whole hand shakes but you can't see it. Does anyone else have this problem? Could it be from the accident? Could it be neurological? Could it be HypoT? This started before I was diagnosed, twitching in 2000 diagnosed Hypo in 2003, but could've been hypo then and not know it. I've read alot about how Parkinson's starts with twitching fingers, and am worring that it may not be that in perticular but something as bad....I just hope I'm overreacting and it's from the hypo....also from my labs that were done in Dec. I was undermedicated, so I've been on my 120 mg of Armour for a month....my last TSH was 6.01 and FT4 was 0.78 (0.80-1.8 ). But like I said, this started 6 years ago....Thanks for listening....I know this was a long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User
Re: Hypo and twitching

Hi there. I have not been diagnosed with any kind of thyroid problem, but I suspect I have something going on with my thyroid. I have been havng twitches all over my body for the last couple of weeks and I don't know why. I have had a couple MRIs because I, too, have dizziness (really, lightheadedness) and they have always been normal. I actually just had a neck MRI last night because my whole left arm is going numb. I have had whiplash twice and could have a pinched nerve in my neck or something. So I would think your accident could definitely have done something to cause your twitching. If your pinky has been twitching for 6 years and it hasn't gotten any worse, I doubt it is something like Parkinsons. You should have it evaluated by a neurologist, though. It could be something in your neck too.

Closed Thread