It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Thyroid Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #1
(male)

BIH_2006 HB User
Swelling under right eye

'll give you a general feel how it looks under my eyes usually.

If I get enough water and rest, I have very small bags under my eyes, basically unnoticable. If I dont get enough sleep or water, I tend to have bigger bags under my eyes. But recently I noticed something interesting. On one of the days where I had lots of water and a good nights rest, under my left eye I basically had no bag at all..on the right hand side however, I had one and fairly big at that. The interesting part is not that it was puffy on that side and not the other part, the interesting part is that it doesn't look puffy to me, it looks swelled up. (a bit red, but if you touch it, it seems swelled, its not soft as the other side is) When your eyes are puffy it comes out but if you put your fingers on it, it feels fairly soft.

So I am totally stumped what this could be. I was thinking along the lines of thyroid issues or kidney issues.

I am a 22yr old male, have had no other medical issues, and otherwise healthy. I dont take any medications.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
(male)

BIH_2006 HB User
Re: Swelling under right eye

I am beginning to think doctors are just crazy.

I stopped by a clinic (dont have a family doctor right now) for the eye, and the doctor basically said "people are different". That is her explanation for my right eye looking kind of swollen, and under the eye being quiet swollen. The left eye however looks just about pefectly fine. You can notice the difference between the EASILY. So her answer is that people are just different.

I know I shouldn't have stopped by these types of clinics anyways. (I believe they are not allowed to even prescribe narcotics) These types of clinics is where you have the worst type of doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Thyroid disease is almost always accompanied by multiple signs and symptoms, up to a dozen or even more. It seems illogical that your one swollen eye could be thyroid related.

I think the type of clinic you went to is for emergent care only - bronchitis, flu, strep throat, etc. They aren't into testing for chronic disease, and they don't specialize in anything. An ophthalmologist might be your best bet for getting answers.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
(male)

BIH_2006 HB User

Its not just that:

I am very fatigued all the time.
I have very dry skin.
My hair seems to be thinning a bit (and i have very thick hair)
Some unusual pufiness in that eye area (but mostly in that one eye)
Irratibility and sleep disturbances.
to me some bulging of my left eye (though the clinic doctor said it looked fine)
I have had neck pain.
I constantly have headaches.
My eyes are extremley sensitive to light and get tired extremley easily. (there is a pressure on them, like they will burst if I concentrate on something too long)
And the last 3 times I've gone to the doctors, I've had high BP, but the doctors have just put it to the side..even though I'm only a 22yr old male.

Closed Thread